BioRender is a software tool that allows scientists to accelerate groundbreaking research across the life sciences by making it 100x easier to communicate their work. We reduce the time it takes to visually communicate research from 10-20 hours to just 10-20 minutes while drastically improving outputs. We aim to save scientists over 1 billion hours of wasted time per year so they can spend it on solving the important things, like curing cancer.
BioRender is a young, fast-growing company backed by an incredible group of investors, including Y-Combinator, Refactor and some of the most successful life science entrepreneurs in the world. Our customers range from the world’s largest pharmaceutical and biotech companies to renowned universities and research institutions.
We are looking for a Medical Illustrator / Designer to join our award-winning team (with leaders in the space from National Geographic Magazine, Google, Dropbox and more). We are early stage, fast-paced and your work will directly impact our users and their experience with the product. We're looking for a self-starter with a strong illustration portfolio who is eager to learn and grow professionally.
- Research and create clean, accurate, 2D vector-based medical illustrations and graphics
- Communicate with scientists and users on illustration needs, accuracy and request service
- Research and compose creative templates and figures using unique combinations of vector graphics
- Collaborate with other teams (engineers, sales and marketing, product design, UI/UX etc.) to deliver consistent and cohesive body of work
- Contribute to team illustration reviews to ensure quality and standards of visual content
- Manage visual content projects (set up meetings, keep track of project scope, follow up with deadlines and internal goals etc.)
- Assess and identify areas for growth and expanding template and figure gallery as the platform and library grows
- Follow through with projects to ensure project deliverables are completed as specified and on time
- Occasional opportunities for traditional illustration work or 3D journal cover art
- Opportunity to grow into leadership (or parallel) roles including project manager, product lead, UX designer, creative lead, senior medical illustrator, and much more
- Master’s degree or equivalent in Medical Illustration
- Completion of post-secondary life science degree (or related subject) preferred
- Strong draftsmanship, line work, sense of perspective, color and composition
- Strong eye for aesthetics/design and visual communication trends
- Portfolio with samples of clean, vector illustrations with modern color palette
- Ability to execute production of high quality vector images quickly and efficiently
- Ability to quickly research and understand a variety of subjects and topics and translate into clean, clear, didactic 2D images
- Strong experience using vector illustration tools (Adobe Illustrator)
- Team player and willingness to take on collaborative projects with the team
- Strong communication skills
- Experience in animation and Adobe After Effects/Premiere is a plus
Compensation & Benefits
- Competitive salary + options
- High-growth position in the early stage of a promising company
- Key placement with important responsibilities in the organization
- Alignment of your professional growth with the company’s growth
- Free coffee, snacks and weekly lunches!
- Regular company off-sites
To apply, send a resume and a short blurb about yourself to firstname.lastname@example.org.