About the position
BioRender is hiring our first user-focused Scientific Product Manager to manage our product roadmap and drive projects from ideation to completion.
BioRender is a software tool that allows scientists to accelerate groundbreaking research across the life sciences by making it 100x easier to communicate their work. We reduce the time it takes to visually communicate research from 10-20 hours to just 10-20 minutes while drastically improving outputs. We aim to save scientists over 1 billion hours of wasted time per year so they can spend it on solving the important things, like curing cancer.
Our customers include 100s of the largest, most iconic universities and biotech/pharmaceutical companies in the world. Backed by top tier investors, BioRender is a profitable, fast-growing and mission-driven startup made up of hard-working people who are passionate about transforming how science is discovered and communicated forever.
d with our tools. We reduce the time it takes scientists to create visuals from hours to minutes while drastically improving the quality. We save scientists 10-20 hours per month, giving them more time for the important stuff!
What We’re Looking For:
- Our users are scientists, so a background in biology / life sciences is a must
- Really good understanding of our users and how BioRender is solving their needs
- Prior experience driving projects from ideation to completion, evaluating tradeoffs and prioritizing product decisions to drive the greatest possible impact
- Strong attention to detail, strong organizational skills, good conflict resolution
- Strong communicator. You will be expected to communicate with users to gather feedback and data and communicate the product roadmap to the team
What you’ll be working on:
- Work with our CEO to define the product roadmap and align the team to execute on the product roadmap.
- Facilitate product decisions and identify new areas of opportunity by analyzing user data and talking to users. You will own projects and work with UX, engineers, designers, copywriters and illustrators to drive them to completion.
- Innovate on how to improve product development process. You will anticipate blocks or threats and communicate them clearly to the team.
- Book meetings for different projects to make sure they are on track and action items are getting completed on time.
- Review customer service summaries, bugs, and feature requests to ensure that the items on the product roadmap are always highest priority. You will be the go-to person for feature requests and product decisions and will work directly with our CEO to build an amazing product that our users love.
- Educational background in life sciences. Master’s degree or PhD is preferred.
- Professional product and project management experience at a fast moving company.
- Must be analytical and fairly technical. You should be able to communicate with engineers and understand challenges, tradeoffs, timelines.
- Competitive salary + options
- High-growth position in the early stage of a promising company
- Key placement with important responsibilities in the organization
- Alignment of your professional growth with the company’s growth
Apply: Please email email@example.com with your resume, availability and a short blurb about yourself.