BioRender is a software tool that allows scientists to accelerate groundbreaking research across the life sciences by making it 100x easier to communicate their work. We reduce the time it takes to visually communicate research from 10-20 hours to just 10-20 minutes while drastically improving outputs. We aim to save scientists over 1 billion hours of wasted time per year so they can spend it on solving the important things, like curing cancer.
BioRender is a young, fast growing company backed by an incredible group of investors, including Y-Combinator, Refactor and some of the most successful life science entrepreneurs in the world. Our customers range from the world’s largest pharmaceutical and biotech companies to the most renowned universities and research institutions.
We’re looking for a creative, thoughtful, and enthusiastic Social Media Coordinator to join our growing team. The ideal candidate loves digital marketing and keeping up-to-date on the latest social media trends. They will develop high-quality, useful content for our social media channels that our users love, and keep their finger on the pulse of what scientists across fields and demographics want.
- Regularly engage in social listening, keeping up to date on current science trends, hashtags, and popular content to generate content ideas
- Own and manage our content calendar for Instagram, Twitter, and Facebook, including identifying content themes and developing posts
- Coordinate content from the illustration and copywriting teams, including fact-checking, and reviewing for style, tone, and voice
- Review and oversee digital analytics, paying attention to what drives traffic and making strategic recommendations for future content
- Engage with users across social platforms as they post, including to customer support requests and commenting on / retweeting user posts about BioRender
- Test and optimize new social media and web marketing tools
- Keep a calendar of upcoming conferences, science events, and holidays, planning content around strategic dates
- Excellent written and communication skills
- A strong understanding of the BioRender brand, and what content is compelling to the life science community
- 1-2 years experience running social media for a small business or science company
- Interest in social media and digital marketing trends
- Strong attention to detail including spelling and grammar
- High EQ - ability to take in feedback from our audience and suggest future social media campaigns
- Degree in life science or a related field
Compensation and benefits
- Competitive salary + options
- High-growth position in the early stage of a promising company
- Key placement with important responsibilities in the organization
- Alignment of your professional growth with the company’s growth
- Free coffee and weekly lunches
- Regular company off-sites
To apply, send a resume and a short blurb about yourself to email@example.com.