Are you looking for an opportunity to craft the financial future of a high-growth SaaS startup?
BioRender is looking to add an ambitious, business-minded Head of Finance who can work closely with the CEO / founding team to help manage and influence the next several years of fast-paced growth.
As a key part of BioRender’s Executive Team, the Head of Finance will drive the entire finance function and help set the strategic direction for the company. We need a self-starter to establish our financial and accounting processes, lead FP&A, and develop growth strategies. Join us and make a massive impact at the world’s leading science communication platform.
Candidates must be located in the Greater Toronto Area or be willing to relocate.
To apply, send a resume and a short blurb about yourself to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Key aspects of the role
- Own the company's financial plan including regular updates and adjustments to the financial model and communication to the management team.
- Drive the quarterly/annual budgeting and planning process. Plan for the downside and find opportunities for upside.
- Define and report the key operating metrics of the Company, including CAC, LTV, Net Revenue Retention, etc. Develop strategies for optimizing Gross Margins & key metrics.
- Lead all financial reporting - Monthly, Quarterly, Annually & assist in tax filing & compliance
- Attract and manage key talent. Build, supervise, and mentor a world-class team.
- Assist the sales cycle on price & contract negotiations with large enterprise customers.
- Develop cross-functional processes and/or structures that improve operational efficiency
Who you are
- You have 10+ years of relevant experience, including 5+ years in operational finance.
- Experience leading, managing and scaling the finance function (team, system implementation, and process development) through periods of rapid revenue growth.
- You are an expert in financial planning, budgeting, reporting, and other FP&A functions
- Strong communication, collaboration and interpersonal skills, including the ability to interact effectively with all areas and levels of the company.
- Ability to translate large amounts of data into useful information
- You are humble, scrappy, and highly collaborative
- You are diligent. You have an eye for details and strive for accuracy and operational excellence
- Healthy performance mindset: Has a strong work ethic and driven to perform at the highest level.
- CPA designation preferred (but not required for strong candidates)
- You have previously raised VC financing or assisted with M&A
- You have experience managing board and investor relations with private, VC and strategic investors
BioRender is a venture-backed scientific communication platform that allows life-scientists to accelerate groundbreaking research by making it 50-100x easier to communicate their work. We aim to save scientists over 1 billion hours of wasted time per year, so they can focus on more important things, like curing cancer and Alzheimers.
Our customers include 100s of the largest, most iconic Universities and biotech/pharmaceutical companies in the world. Backed by top tier investors, BioRender is a profitable, fast-growing and mission-driven startup made up of hard-working people who are passionate about transforming how science is discovered and communicated forever.