BioRender is a software tool that allows scientists to accelerate groundbreaking research across the life sciences by making it 100x easier to communicate their work. We reduce the time it takes to visually communicate research from 10-20 hours to just 10-20 minutes while drastically improving outputs. We aim to save scientists over 1 billion hours of wasted time per year so they can spend it on solving the important things, like curing cancer.
BioRender is a young, fast-growing company backed by an incredible group of investors, including Y-Combinator, Refactor and some of the most successful life science entrepreneurs in the world. Our customers range from the world’s largest pharmaceutical and biotech companies to renowned universities and research institutions.
We’re looking for a self-starter with a strong animation and video editing portfolio, creative editorial illustrations and is eager to learn and grow professionally. If you're excited about the tech world, want to reach a global audience, and want to help build a lasting impact on science communication, we want to hear from you!
- Create educational content for BioRender app (use cases, how-to tutorials, science communication tips, etc)
- Research and create clean, dynamic, modern 2D animations (eg "mographs")
- Edit and design didactic, aesthetically pleasing videos for presentations, onboarding, and conferences
- Work closely with digital marketing and growth team to create clean and approachable, editorial graphics for blog and marketing material
- Record and edit narration, sound effects and music for videos
- Collaborate with other teams (engineers, sales and marketing, product design, UI/UX etc.) to deliver consistent and cohesive body of work
- Manage video content projects (set up meetings, keep track of project scope, follow up with deadlines and internal goals etc.)
- Complete project deliverable by expected deadlines
- Completion of post-secondary life science degree (or related subject) preferred
- Master’s degree or equivalent in Medical Illustration a plus (with focus on animation/video editing)
- Strong sense of design theory and concepts, color and composition
- Up to date on video formats and best practices for instructional design experience
- Portfolio with samples of clean animations and videos
- Ability to execute high quality 2D animations
- Ability to quickly research and understand a variety of subjects and topics
- Strong experience using Adobe Creative Suite (After Effects, Premiere, Audition, Illustrator etc.)
- Interest in ‘cartoons’ and 2D caricatures a plus
- Strong team player and willing to take on collaborative projects with the team
- Strong communication skills
- 3D animation/modeling a plus
Compensation & Benefits
- Competitive salary + options
- High-growth position in the early stage of a promising company
- Key placement with important responsibilities in the organization
- Alignment of your professional growth with the company’s growth
- Free coffee, snacks and weekly lunches!
- Regular company off-sites
To apply, send a resume and a short blurb about yourself to email@example.com.