BioRender is a software tool that allows scientists to accelerate groundbreaking research across the life sciences by making it 100x easier to communicate their work. We reduce the time it takes to visually communicate research from 10-20 hours to just 10-20 minutes while drastically improving outputs. We aim to save scientists over 1 billion hours of wasted time per year so they can spend it on solving the important things, like curing cancer.
You would work directly with life science clients, developing figure templates and providing 1:1 design support, while also contributing to our efforts in building out our library of user-generated content. You would also contribute to developing brand guidelines and assets for marketing initiatives, including a style guide, illustrations, static images, and gifs/videos.
BioRender is a young, fast-growing company backed by an incredible group of investors, including Y-Combinator, Refactor and some of the most successful life science entrepreneurs in the world. Our customers range from the world’s largest pharmaceutical and biotech companies to the most renowned universities and research institutions.
We’re looking for a detail-oriented, organized, and thoughtful illustrator with project management experience to join our growing team. The ideal candidate will thrive in a fast-paced environment and love working on projects that span cross-disciplinary teams. They are curious, love asking questions, and think outside of the box, able to distill user experience data into a clear, organized product roadmap. The candidate will love to work on a diverse array of projects, and enjoy producing clean, elegant illustrations.
- Propose and oversee the execution of novel product (app) features that improve the end users' experience
- Create and oversee and develop 2D vector-based medical and scientific illustrations in BioRender’s style
- Work closely with the product team to test, develop, and launch new features to scale BioRender’s library, including integrations and user-generated content
- Provide user-centric design solutions to known challenges, observing and facilitating product testing sessions
- Educate the BioRender team on user needs and requests, challenging assumptions and redefining problems to identify alternative solutions
- Work closely with the growth team to develop inbound marketing strategies and content, including how-to videos, design tutorials, and science communication resources
- Measure and communicate project status, changes, and risks throughout the product lifecycle
- Master’s degree or equivalent in Medical Illustration
- 1+ years of project management experience is a plus
- Completion of post-secondary life science degree (or related subject) preferred
- Strong eye for aesthetics/design and visual communication trends
- Portfolio with samples of clean, vector illustrations with modern color palette
- Strong experience using vector illustration tools (Adobe Illustrator)
- Experience in motion graphics and/or animation is a plus
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to manage competing deadlines and prioritize effectively
Compensation & Benefits
- Competitive salary + options
- High-growth position in the early stage of a promising company
- Key placement with important responsibilities in the organization
- Alignment of your professional growth with the company’s growth
- Free coffee and weekly lunches
- Regular company off-sites