BioRender is a software tool that allows scientists to accelerate groundbreaking research across the life sciences by making it 100x easier to communicate their work. We reduce the time it takes to visually communicate research from 10-20 hours to just 10-20 minutes while drastically improving outputs. We aim to save scientists over 1 billion hours of wasted time per year so they can spend it on solving the important things, like curing cancer.
You would work directly with life science clients, developing figure templates and providing 1:1 design support, while also contributing to our efforts in building out our library of user-generated content. You would also contribute to developing brand guidelines and assets for marketing initiatives, including a style guide, illustrations, static images, and gifs/videos.
BioRender is a young, fast growing company backed by an incredible group of investors, including Y-Combinator, Refactor and some of the most successful life science entrepreneurs in the world. Our customers range from the world’s largest pharmaceutical and biotech companies to the most renowned universities and research institutions.
We’re looking for a numbers-driven, curious individual who’s passionate about market research. The ideal candidate is driven to understand our customers’ unique needs and challenges, drawing on data to propose unique, actionable solutions. They’ll relentlessly comb through publicly available datasets, combining this with custom data collection methods to unearth insights about our users and how to solve their business challenges.
- Identify and analyze trends and forecasts in the life science market, organizing this data and providing recommendations to senior leadership for market expansion
- Research market trends, conduct surveys, and analyze competitor data to help senior leadership understand the market landscape and make strategic business decisions
- Analyze our business operations, expenditures, and customer retention to guide business decisions, develop pricing models, and flag potential challenges
- Develop surveys, questionnaires, and other data collection methods to better understand our existing user base
- Spearhead research studies with academic and industry partners, including planning, study design, data collection, and analysis
- Bachelor’s degree in life science or related field required
- MSc or PhD in a biological science field is strongly recommended
- 2+ years experience in statistics or data modeling
- Strong mathematical, analytical, and data modeling skills
- The ability to manipulate large datasets into manageable, understandable reports
- Excellent problem-solving, communication, and team skills
- Familiarity with data modeling software and Microsoft Excel
- Strong attention to detail and organizational skills
Compensation & Benefits
- Competitive salary + options
- High-growth position in the early stage of a promising company
- Key placement with important responsibilities in the organization
- Alignment of your professional growth with the company’s growth
- Free coffee and weekly lunches
- Regular company off-sites
To apply, send a resume and a short blurb about yourself to email@example.com.