Bikmo is an adventure sports technology company, with a simple mission to provide exceptional services that enable our customers to spend more time exploring the great outdoors.
Focussing initially on insurance in the cycling sector, we're now live in the UK, Ireland, Germany and Austria and by utilising sector expertise, technology, a love for the sport and an open approach to data, we've won customers, partners, awards and 5-star reviews.
Our vision is to become as synonymous for what we do in adventure sports as GoPro for Cameras, Oakley for eyewear or Strava for tracking.
We are searching for a passionate cyclist to join our Customer Experience team and support them in delivering a world-class experience to customers, keeping Bikmo as the leading insurer for bike lovers.
Reporting to the Head of Customer Experience, the focus is to provide all customers, or potential customers, with an exceptional level of experience whether over the phone, via written communication, social channels, or in person.
- Primarily focussing on claims processing and management.
- Managing customer service requirements from phone calls to emails and live chat.
- Help provide support and advice to customers who are interested in taking out a cycle policy.
- Work through technical issues with customers to resolve problems as they arise, ensuring an exceptional level of customer service is maintained.
- Monitor and report on customer service performance, and any recurring issues that require attention.
- Work with the content and development teams to help develop functions that will improve customer service, throughout a customer's lifetime.
- Keep up-to-date with all the latest products and policy changes.
- Attend cycling industry events to promote all things Bikmo.
- Work with Bikmo teams in Europe to share capability, knowledge and learning.
Skills + experiences
We’re looking for an individual who is well organised, efficient and very good with people. The ideal candidate will always be prepared to go that extra mile for a customer, and be looking to make an impact in a growing business.
Skills and experience requirements include:
- Bike knowledge - you’ll be speaking to cyclists all day, so a high level of understanding of bicycle equipment and terms are preferred.
- Exceptionally good manner - you’ll be speaking to people all day from a variety of backgrounds so you need to be articulate, clear and patient.
- Great level of literacy - through live chat and email you’ll be liaising with our customers, so need to be efficient, clear and polite in your written language.
- Highly IT literate - you’ll be working with, and managing, a range of software packages we use for our customer service needs.
- Efficient - you will have to deal with a high level of activity throughout your day, so need to be able to manage tasks efficiently and promptly, and be solution focused.
Salary + details
This role is a full time role at 38 hours per week, Monday to Friday, based out of our Chester office, although we do allow some remote working. We will consider part time agreements as well, so please let us know if this is an option for you. Despite being a full time or part time team member, hours will be flexible but will be tailored according to the requirements of our customers.
The starting salary for this role is £18,000 - £21,000 per annum depending on experiences, with bi-annual reviews and no annual cap on increases. As a growing business, our benefit structure is under review and will include a share options scheme.
Holiday is pro rata at a minimum of 29 days per year, exclusive of bank holidays.
No agencies at this time please.