A Little About Us:
Making fans - That’s what we’re all about! Since our humble beginnings in 2011, these two words have driven Big Viking Games to become the successful company it is today. With over 100 Vikings already on board, and studios in both Toronto and London Ontario, we are focused on making our mark by building awesome free-to-play mobile and social games. Big Viking Games has proudly amassed millions of loyal fans across its many popular titles with no signs of slowing down anytime soon. We believe that by investing in our employees and in new technologies, such as HTML5, we can continue our success for years to come. With that in mind, we are on the hunt for exceptional talent to join our growing team, and that’s where you come in!
The Nitty Gritty:
We are on the lookout for a Technical Producer committed to delivering a quality product to join our technology team on a full-time basis to help manage day-to-day production for new features, content, software, and platform updates. This position is available in either our London or Toronto, Ontario studios.
- Owns project planning, management and process for their project and teams. including daily scrums, Confluence & Jira maintenance, sprint planning, and status & updates.
- Identify and drive project resource needs, skills gaps, performance reviews, recruitment etc.
- Technical project management for centralized applications and support.
- Maintains effective working relationships with the immediate teams and cross functional teams that affect the success of the projects.
- Main POC for all communications with project team and coordinates requirements and dependencies with cross functional teams and corporate leadership.
- Gather and consolidate production estimates from the team and identify dependencies, removing barriers if they exist
- Identify and evaluate risks, establishing realistic scope while providing input on fleshing out and prioritizing project requirements
- Facilitate collaboration of the project team and any cross functional help that is required
- Work closely with multidisciplinary teams to understand and deliver against project requirements and specifications.
- Accountable to Stakeholders for the management and execution of deliverables.
- Minimum of 7 years of project management and managerial experience in a technical environment.
- Centralized technical support management in gaming preferred.
- Experienced with project management methodologies, ie: Agile and Waterfall.
- Effective communication skills across all levels and organizations.
- Experienced production lifecycles for multiple projects, applications.
- Ability create RFPs and vendor pipelines.
- Exceptional organization, communication and management skills.
- Experience managing multidisciplinary teams.
- Provides direct and indirect management to project team across disciplines.
- Able to analyze and summarize project status.
- Competitive salaries, bonus program, Group Retirement Savings Plan matching & participation in the Employee Stock Option Plan
- Comprehensive benefit package (health, dental, and vision), including generous time off policies
- Stocked kitchen, unlimited snacks and beverages, along with breakfast and daily hot lunches. Vikings can't work on an empty stomach!
- Lots of other great perks such as frequent company paid outings, events and get-togethers
Becoming a Viking:
Are you cut from our cloth? Does the idea of working for a gaming company and doing what you love every day get you so excited you kind of want to scream? Great! Send us your resume and cover letter.
Big Viking Games is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities. If you require an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs. Accommodation may be provided in all parts of the hiring process.