A Little About Us:
Making fans - That’s what we’re all about! Since our humble beginnings in 2011, these two words have driven Big Viking Games to become the successful company it is today. Operating out of studios in both the heart of downtown Toronto and London Ontario, we are focused on making our mark by building awesome free-to-play mobile and social games.
We believe that each Viking is unique and brings exponential value to the company and we are committed to providing a happy and comfortable working environment for them to flourish. Vikings are given the opportunity to solve problems through continuous learning and fostering feedback, ultimately mastering their craft. By investing in our Vikings and in new technologies, we can continue our success for years to come.
We are at the beginning of a new adventure and rely on our team of skilled, enthusiastic, and collaborative Vikings to turn our ship towards a new horizon. With that in mind, we are on the hunt for exceptional talent to join us on this new journey and help hoist the sails!
The Nitty Gritty:
Big Viking Games is on the hunt for a Junior Software Developer to join our Worlds Division (Casual/Social Games) at our Toronto or London, ON studio.
- Ability to write efficient SQL statements and work with MySQL
- Pick up new languages quickly
- Ability to do code reviews and provide feedback to other developers
- Use performance profilers, such as memory analyzers, CPU profilers and network sniffers to improve our existing code
- Experience with solving difficult bugs in production
The Must Haves:
- A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Engineering is strongly preferred
- Shipped multiple features and projects in a live environment
The Nice to Haves:
- Experience shipping games with Unity/C# is a strong plus
- Experience with PHP is a plus
- Experience with Redis, Memcache, Docker, Ansible and Go would be highly beneficial
- Enjoy playing mobile and online games
- F2P game development experience
- Competitive salaries, Group Retirement Savings Plan matching & participation in the Employee Stock Option Plan
- Comprehensive benefits package (health, dental, and vision), including generous time off policies
- Stocked kitchen, unlimited snacks and beverages, along with breakfast and daily hot lunches or Ritual credits. Vikings can't work on an empty stomach!
- Lots of other great perks such as frequent company paid outings, events and get-togethers
Becoming a Viking:
Does the idea of working for a gaming company doing what you love everyday sound exciting? Great, we’d love to hear from you! Send us your resume and cover letter.
Big Viking Games is committed to diversity and inclusion, and we pride ourselves on a culture that values and respects the dignity of all people. We encourage applications from all qualified candidates, including those with disabilities. If you require an accommodation, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will work with you to meet your needs. Accommodation may be provided in all parts of the hiring process.