Why You’ll Love Working Here:
Big Squid is an exciting and fast paced software and consulting company in downtown Salt Lake City. Working at Big Squid gives you a chance to hone your skills in an open, collaborative, and innovative environment where you can be excited to come into work every single day.
With a true industry-disrupting product and amazing people behind it, we are always looking for passionate, fun, and hard working individuals who truly enjoy coming to work and doing what they love. Sounds like you? We’d love to chat.
At Big Squid, we expect a lot out of our employees, which is why we are committed to giving so much back in return. Not only do we offer a competitive salary, medical/dental/vision plan, life insurance, and matching 401(k), but we also will shower you with other perks like wearing your favorite pair of jeans to the office, awesome company parties, unbeatable downtown Salt Lake City location, and unlimited snacks and Redbull to keep you energized throughout the day.
Immediate opening for a full-time Dev Ops / Test Automation Engineer. This position will give you the opportunity to work with innovative data science applications utilizing cutting edge tools. You will be a part of the technical team developing solutions to enable non-machine-learning experts to understand and create effective machine learning models and prescriptive analytic solutions.
We are committed to the long-term growth and development of our team members and are looking for our newest squid to join us on our adventure to help businesses make smarter decisions, faster.
This cross-functional role is concerned primarily with site reliability, scalability, quality and security. Primary areas of responsibility include:
- Optimizing application platforms and deployments
- Continuous integration/deployment pipelines
- Optimizing system performance
- Providing testing and ops tools for developers
- Test automation/quality
- Some network operations experience
- App containerization (or VM setup) experience
- Fluency in at least one scripting language
- System configuration maintenance
- Version control system experience
- Willingness to contribute to test automation suite and tools
- Attitude of facilitation rather than management
- Graph QL experience
- Cloud operations
- 12 factor app development knowledge
- Web application security
- Network security
- Container clustering
- Agile practices
- Experience with API's
Nice Skills To Have
- Shell scripting
- CI/CD deployment knowledge/experience
- Selenium Webdriver
- Test automation
- Experience with events-based architecture