Why You’ll Love Working Here:
Big Squid is an exciting and fast paced software and consulting company in downtown Salt Lake City. Working at Big Squid gives you a chance to hone your skills in an open, collaborative, and innovative environment where you can be excited to come into work every single day.
With a true industry-disrupting product and amazing people behind it, we are always looking for passionate, fun, and hard working individuals who truly enjoy coming to work and doing what they love. Sounds like you? We’d love to chat.
At Big Squid, we expect a lot out of our employees, which is why we are committed to giving so much back in return. Not only do we offer a competitive salary, medical/dental/vision plan, life insurance, and matching 401(k), but we also will shower you with other perks like wearing jeans in the office, and unlimited snacks and Redbull to keep you energized throughout the day.
An Account Development Manager (ADM) is often the first human touch point prospects have with Big Squid. The ADM role is responsible to respond to inbound leads from marketing efforts and source leads through outbound calling and email prospecting efforts. This is a commission-based role that may require up to 20% travel throughout the year. Account Development Managers are assigned a territory and are expected to cultivate and qualify leads for the Big Squid sales team to pursue. This is a full-time position that includes benefits.
- Identify companies and people that align with our ideal customer profile within your territory and contact them through phone, email, and social contacting efforts.
- Qualify, usually over the phone, inbound and outbound leads to then pass to Account Executive to develop and close
- Follow Big Squids sales methodology and processes
- Leverage Salesforce and Salesloft technologies to track opportunity progress, sales activities such as emails, phone calls, meetings, tasks, events, next steps, action items, etc.
- Work in tandem with Account Executive to develop a territory plan in order to fill and maintain sufficient pipeline
- Travel onsite to trade show venues to represent Big Squid
- Adhere to all company policies to ensure secure data system and safe working environment
- Additional duties, as determined by management, to better accomplish objectives of the role
- High school graduate or equivalent.
- Basic Microsoft Office skills
- The successful candidate does not need prior experience, but it is preferred
- Ability to communicate with Manager, Director, VP, and CXO level individuals
- Strong written, verbal, and presentation skills
- Basic computer knowledge
- College Degree
- Experience in the cloud software industry
- A network of customers that you can sell into
- Experience using CRM tools such as Salesforce
- Experience using prospecting tools like DiscoverOrg, Salesloft, and LinkedIn