Senior Level II Developer
Why You’ll Love Working Here:
Big Squid is an exciting and fast paced software and consulting company in downtown Salt Lake City. Working at Big Squid gives you a chance to hone your skills in an open, collaborative, and innovative environment where you can be excited to come into work every single day.
With a true industry-disrupting product and amazing people behind it, we are always looking for passionate, fun, and hard working individuals who truly enjoy coming to work and doing what they love. Sounds like you? We’d love to chat.
At Big Squid, we expect a lot out of our employees, which is why we are committed to giving so much back in return. Not only do we offer a competitive salary, medical/dental/vision plan, life insurance, and matching 401(k), but we also will shower you with other perks like wearing jeans in the office, and unlimited snacks and redbull to keep you energized throughout the day.
Immediate opening for a full-time Senior Application Developer (back-end or full-stack). This position will give you the opportunity to work on innovative data science applications utilizing cutting edge tools. You will be a part of the team developing our software to enable non-machine-learning experts to understand and create effective machine learning models and prescriptive analytic solutions.
We are committed to the long-term growth and development of our team members and are looking for our newest squid to join us on our adventure to help businesses make smarter decisions, faster.
- Help build the next generation of our company’s machine learning web service platform.
- Provide knowledge of problems and complexities that arise as products and teams grow, and the various solutions available to confront those situations.
- Work with data scientists and software developers to create clean and sensible API and back-end services for various machine learning applications.
- Maintain and scale existing API’s and supporting databases in step with product growth and feature enhancements.
- Mentor others in diverse areas of strength and experience if necessary.
- Assist the team with architectural decisions.
- Be a seasoned developer with minimum of 3-5 years experience with a diversity of systems, languages, and tools.
- Experience with PostgreSQL, API development, and Agile software development
- Working knowledge of code management systems (Git, SVN, etc.)
- Experience developing in an Agile/Scrum workplace
- Familiarity with Event Driven APIs
- Familiarity with relational database systems (PostgreSQL, SQL Server, MySQL)
- Excitement and ability to learn new languages and development skills
- DevOps experience (configuring builds, overseeing deployments)
- Familiarity with distributed systems
- Experience with GraphQL, RabbitMQ, and/or Docker
- Experience with automated testing
- Working knowledge of relational database systems (PostgreSQL)
- Knowledge and execution of security best practices
It is recommended that you have some experience, knowledge and a passion/interest in several of the following buzzwords…
Cloud computing, machine learning, distributed systems, event sourcing, microservices, serverless architecture, functional languages/practices