Big Spaceship began in 2000 with the belief that culture and behavior, above and beyond technology and platforms, are the keys to connecting brands with people. We are continually evolving that belief, bringing together stories, systems, and communities to help businesses across industries thrive on a global scale.
We pride ourselves on fostering constant creativity and collaboration, internally and externally, throughout the entire working process. This commitment to partnership has been a key part of the success we share with our clients. We’re an eclectic mix of designers, technologists, strategists, producers, and analysts, trying to achieve something new and powerful together.
Big Spaceship is looking for an Associate Strategy Director. The ideal candidate likes brands and gets excited and inspired to do great work for them. They know a powerful insight when they see one. They know how to use insights to shape work and ensure that it is impactful and human. They can package and present a compelling narrative. Most importantly, they love this stuff - insights, innovation, trends, people, and culture. They live to make people inspired and curious, to open minds to new possibilities. And for this opening, in particular, you have a real passion for sports and a genuine interest in how sports fandom plays out across today’s ever-evolving digital/social ecosystem.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Build deep knowledge of the client’s business to provide key insights and strategic recommendations
- Work with the creative and account management teams to ensure all client deliverables are flawlessly executed and on-strategy
- Collect, analyze and interpret information from a variety of sources: market data, cultural and social monitoring, qualitative interviews/conversations, observational research, etc.
- Develop and lead impactful, integrated and measurable strategies that deepen fans’ engagement with the brand
- Lead brainstorm sessions with cross-functional teams as necessary to ensure we are bringing the best thinking to key initiatives.
- Lead a small cross-functional team with diverse strategy and analytics backgrounds as they hunt for insights, trends and ways to inspire internal and external audiences
Skills & Experience:
- 6+ years’ experience in Strategy or Brand Planning at advertising/digital agencies
- Digital & Social Strategy experience is a plus
- Bachelor's Degree (or equivalent) in an associated field
- Able to construct strategic arguments (briefs, presentations, POVs, etc.)
- Able to work autonomously while knowing when to engage manager and greater team
- Comfortable independently interfacing with clients daily, as well as collaborating with and building strong relationships with internal teams
- Self-starter with a true sense of ownership regarding work
- Technically proficient in presentation planning and development