Big Spaceship began in 2000 with the belief that culture and behavior, above and beyond technology and platforms, are the keys to connecting brands with people. We are continually evolving that belief, bringing together stories, systems, and communities to help businesses across industries thrive on a global scale.
We pride ourselves on fostering constant creativity and collaboration, internally and externally, throughout the entire working process. This commitment to partnership has been a key part of the success we share with our clients. We’re an eclectic mix of designers, technologists, strategists, producers, and analysts, trying to achieve something new and powerful together.
Big Spaceship is looking for a curious, down-to-earth Associate Director of Research & Analytics to join our Marketing Intelligence discipline. The ideal candidate should love using research and analytics to develop consumer insights and build meaningful measurement plans for clients.
Roles + Responsibilities:
- Work closely with internal teams to unearth solid audience insights to fuel strategy, creative ideas, tactical plans, and product decisions
- Partner with senior members of other disciplines and clients to help craft the role and value of data
- Define digital measurement plans, campaign goals and KPI’s with a focus on conversion and ROI
- Collaborate closely with analysts in developing innovative approaches that lead to unexpected insights from unstructured data
- Track performance, glean insights and make informed decisions about optimizations
- Maintain a solid understanding of client objectives and draw a dotted line between digital media spend to marketing outcomes
- Build strong relationships with clients and lead communication for all analytics and research needs.
- Help manage and mentor the junior team- teach, delegate and empower them to succeed and deliver client-ready presentations
- Proactively bring new market trends and strategic themes to the client team based on research.
- Implement new techniques for performance analysis, as well as data management best practices
Skills + Experience:
- 5-7 years of experience in data strategy, digital analytics and using data and research to tell a story. Agency experience is a plus.
- Experience with driving media learning agenda to impact positive business growth.
- Proven track record of leading customer experience testing and optimizations throughout the customer journey.
- Proven experience and in-depth knowledge on analytics platforms across website, social conversation, social media, and digital media:
- Social analytics platforms, specifically writing and editing Boolean queries in platforms like Crimson Hexagon, Brandwatch, Sysomos, etc.
- Market Research like Mintel, MRI, Toluna, Nielsen, consumer surveys, etc.
- Advanced Excel skills are a must
- Experience and/or knowledge of SPSS, SAS, SQL is a plus
- Ability to communicate complex information in simple digestible formats
- Comfortable working independently and in cross-functional teams in high-pressure situations