Big Spaceship began in 2000 with the belief that culture and behavior, above and beyond technology and platforms, are the keys to connecting brands with people. We are continually evolving that belief, bringing together stories, systems, and communities to help businesses across industries thrive on a global scale.
We pride ourselves on fostering constant creativity and collaboration, internally and externally, throughout the entire working process. This commitment to partnership has been a key part of the success we share with our clients. We’re an eclectic mix of designers, technologists, strategists, producers, and analysts, trying to achieve something new and powerful together.
Big Spaceship is looking for a Senior Producer who will collaborate with our internal teams and clients to shape and drive the workflow across specific projects for one of our main clients. Someone who is both a creative and strategic thinker, a person who the team can rely on for everything they need to know about any and all project aspects - a natural leader and problem-solver.
The ideal candidate will provide own the campaign deliverables and content development whilst being hands-on, have strong team management abilities and be 100% committed to delivering fantastic creative ideas and work that meet both client and Big Spaceship expectations. If you are innately proactive, a champion of excellence and nurturer of all that is good, come meet our Big Spaceship crew.
Roles + Responsibilities:
- Be a resource to the agency for developing content production solutions and strategies.
- Cultivate positive relationships with our production partners.
- Bid, review and negotiate production estimates.
- Conduct pre-production meetings.
- Work to stay within the agreed-upon budget. Provide timely notification to the team for changes to the budget.
- Review and approve all production-related invoices.
- Advise copywriters, art directors, etc. in all content production-related matters with creative solutions for improving quality.
- Manage multiple projects as needed.
- Mentor producers and associate producers.
- Act as a primary contact of communicating needs in conjunction with your account counterpart between the client, team, and vendors.
- Deliver solutions to drive consensus for problems in a professional and timely manner.
- Encourage high standards of professionalism and leadership throughout the life of a project.
- Ensure the team is properly briefed and understands the requirements of the project/work.
- Execute project plans according to established procedures, channels, and expectations.
- Facilitate and be an active participant in both client and internal meetings.
- Manage project communication and document issues and changes that affect the project.
- Develop status reports and work with project leaders to ensure all resources.
- Create a positive, team-oriented environment that leads to award-winning work.
- Forecast, track, and manage project budgets and revenue, POs and invoices.
- Work with discipline leads to define appropriate resources for client needs and deliverables.
- Contribute to account road map development that will allow for solid resources and revenue management, looking at all projects being tied into the larger account picture.
Skills + Qualifications:
- 5-7 years of experience in a creative agency or similar environment (a digital agency is a plus) managing large, cross-functional teams
- Preferably has experience across various digital project types ranging from campaign to site development, to social media strategy and content creation (video and photography)
- Managed multi-million dollar initiatives of up to $2M with interdisciplinary teams of 15+
- Ability to plan and write statements of work, scope proposals and/or retainers, compose project and production timelines, staffing plans and budgets
- Detailed financial management that monitors the ebb and flow of day-to-day project management while simultaneously understanding the overall importance and impact to the business
- Solid negotiation experience and skills, especially with third-party contracts
- Excellent internal and client communication and presentation skills
- Natural ability to motivate and lead teams in a fast-paced environment exuding confidence, while being calm, motivating and a pleasure to work with
- Passion for educating other Crew members about production and dedication for training / mentoring fellow associate producers and producers