Big Spaceship began in 2000 with the belief that culture and behavior, above and beyond technology and platforms, are the keys to connecting brands with people. We are continually evolving that belief, bringing together stories, systems, and communities to help businesses across industries thrive on a global scale.
We pride ourselves on fostering constant creativity and collaboration, internally and externally, throughout the entire working process. This commitment to partnership has been a key part of the success we share with our clients. We’re an eclectic mix of designers, technologists, strategists, producers, and analysts, trying to achieve something new and powerful together.
Big Spaceship is looking for a Senior Art Director who will be responsible for developing relevant, memorable and highly creative concepts for clients, and leading the visual design and execution of all campaign elements for the brand both online and off. He/she works closely with a senior copywriter as a creative team to maintain brand consistency and excellence. The ideal candidate will be collaborative with various members of the creative discipline and other agency disciplines (including account, production, design, strategy, and analytics) to oversee all campaigns from start to finish.
Roles + Responsibilities:
- Come up with ideas. All. Day. Long.
- Brainstorm conceptual directions, both independently and as part of an integrated team
- Develop a variety of creative materials for brand campaigns, social media efforts, and digital activations for agency clients
- Collaborate with the Creative Director, Designers, and Copywriters to revise work and refine concepts
- Participate in client and internal creative review meetings, presenting the work, persuasively explaining design rationale, collecting and absorbing feedback and offering solutions in real-time
- Keep current on advertising campaigns, social trends, and industry technology, sharing findings with the department to facilitate new ways of thinking, working, and problem-solving
- Help to create and maintain a strong visual brand ID
- Collaborate and communicate with other disciplines to ensure information flow
Skills + Experiences:
- 5-7 years of experience at an advertising agency, experience at a digital/social agency is a plus
- Portfolio of work demonstrating conceptual capabilities in both digital and social mediums
- Bachelor’s degree in advertising, interactive or design-related program preferred but not required