Digital Advertising Account Manager - Accepting remote applicants!
BiggerPockets is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
About the company and the role:
BiggerPockets is a complete resource for anyone looking to succeed in real estate investing. We offer free content, tools, and a community of over 1,800,000 members to help people avoid mistakes; learn valuable tips; find partners, deals, and financing; and make the best investing decisions possible.
BiggerPockets is seeking a results-driven sales account manager to maintain and grow its digital advertising accounts. This position will be responsible for selling ad placements across four podcasts, a tri-weekly newsletter, and the BiggerPockets website. In addition to selling and placing ads, this role will maintain and develop partnerships to support BiggerPockets affiliate links across the site.
We are searching for someone who has experience nurturing, long-standing advertiser relationships. Can juggle building ad proposals, managing client relationships, and reporting on the progress of the advertising function.
If you have experience managing upwards of $200k in monthly ad placements, would describe yourself as a self-starter, and have excellent organizational skills, this is the job for you! BiggerPockets is an excellent company for someone who is excited to build an effective sales program.
What you’ll be doing:
- Maintain existing advertising sales and client relationships
- Serve as the lead point of contact for all customer account management matters regarding established advertising and affiliate relationships.
- Proactively develop new client relationships by establish a robust pipeline of new advertisers, this includes cold calling (as needed) and building relationships with companies in the real estate investing vertical
- Track key account metrics (e.g. quarterly sales results and annual forecasts)
- Prepare reports on account status
- Work with clients to create an advertising campaign that helps to promote their products or services in the most effective way possible
- Negotiate insertions orders to maximize profits
- Work closely with internal team to ensure ad spots are & within brand standards
- Clearly communicate the progress of monthly initiatives to internal and external stakeholders
- Provide training to advertisers to help them improve their conversion rates and ROI
- Collaborate with other departments to create new advertising opportunities
- Assist with challenging client requests or issue escalations in a professional and timely manner
- Work closely with accounting team to ensure timely and accurate invoicing and revenue recognition practices
The experience and skills that you have:
- At least 2 years’ experience in multi-faceted digital advertising sales
- Experience with a CRM or customer management tool
- Entrepreneurial mindset
- Self-starter, go-getter
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proficient Microsoft Office and Google Suite skills
- Ability to create and deliver effective presentations tailored to the audience needs
- Strong customer service and interpersonal skills for dealing with different types of customers and clients
- Time management and multitasking skills in order to handle multiple tasks and clients at once
- Satisfactory problem-solving skills to help resolve customer complaints or needs
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to stay up-to-date with industry trends and best practices
Salary Range: $40-45k base + incentives. Total compensation $60-$65k at target, with upside potential.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
WORK ENVIRONMENT AND PHYSICAL DEMANDS.
This job operates in a professional office environment. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. This is largely a sedentary role.
Limited travel is required for this position.
This is a full-time position.