BiggerPockets is seeking a Product Manager to join our thriving team! BiggerPockets is a complete resource for anyone looking to succeed in real estate investing. We offer free content, tools, and a community of over 1.4 million members to help people avoid mistakes; learn valuable tips; find partners, deals, and financing; and make the best investing decisions possible.
The Product Manager will support stakeholders, specifically, working with our content team, during the product process and ensure a smooth and thoughtful implementation of projects that support our company goals. The Product Manager will have a major impact on the success of a key business metric.
- Manage product lifecycle from concept through launch and iterations
- Ensure projects adhere to our product vision
- Work with stakeholders to translate product ideas into clear end-to-end use cases with solid requirements for your design and engineering team
- Prioritize requests, plan sprints, and run sprint planning, daily scrums, and retros for an engineering team
- Ensure necessary parties understand upcoming projects and goals
- Proactively track and analyze metrics to identify areas of improvement
- Track new features to provide analysis to stakeholders
- Become proficient in the application, tools, and deliverables of the business with an emphasis on your own areas of ownership
- Survey and interview customers; analyze results
- Collaborate with content stakeholders to increase organic and direct traffic to key content areas of the site, including forums, blog, video, podcasts, and other educational resources
- Collaborate with publishing stakeholders to increase onsite book sales
- Prioritize and manage miscellaneous bugs, admin/business support needs, and other site improvements
- Experience as a Product Manager, Product Owner, Business Analyst, or similar role working in an Agile/Scrum environment
- Bachelor’s degree and 2-5 years related experience and/or training, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Proven experience building software products
- Demonstrable experience in data analytics and tools
- Track record of taking ownership of projects and helping them succeed
- Excellent organization skills, and the ability to manage multiple projects at once
- A strong understanding of Agile software development lifecycle, including the ability to work with product and engineering teams
- Solid computer skills— -- Microsoft Excel is mandatory, and experience with any of the following is highly desired: Jira, AirTable, Amplitude, Google Analytics, SQL
- Strong writing skills
- A strong work ethic (but you also know how to have fun)
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
- Project Management
- Editing and proofreading skills
- An eye for UI/UX
- Basic/intermediate understanding of statistics
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, and filing cabinets.
Physical Demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. This is largely a sedentary role. Moving equipment for production and videos is regularly required.
Travel: Minimal travel is required for this position
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work: This is a full-time position. Days and Core Hours of work are Monday through Friday, 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. Occasional evening and weekend work may be required as job duties demand.
BiggerPockets is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Individuals from diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply.