BiggerPockets is a complete resource for anyone looking to succeed in real estate investing. We offer free content, tools, and a community of over 1.4 million members to help people avoid mistakes; learn valuable tips; find partners, deals, and financing; and make the best investing choices possible.
Ultimately, you should be able to ensure that the Marketing department’s activities support our company’s long-term success. Together with the rest of the senior team, you will use the company’s strategic plan as a guideline for crafting our approach to reaching new audiences, communicating with our current audience, re-engaging dormant or churned users, and promoting and selling our products and services to the target market.
- Develop a clear understanding of the market of potential users who invest or aspire to invest in residential real estate in the United States. Define the value proposition of our existing products.
- Develop an understanding of CAC by appropriate cohorts. Cooperate with the VP of Growth and Analytics to ensure that where CAC is incurred, an appropriate LTV is realized.
- Commit to a marketing budget, and ensure that it yields the intended results.
- Share clear presentations on marketing metrics for the CEO.
- Study the market to identify sensitive areas or opportunities for growth.
- Provide guidance and ideas to organize effective marketing campaigns.
- Forecast hiring needs for the Marketing department.
- Support the quarterly and annual planning of the company’s goals.
- Monitor all marketing campaigns and improve them when necessary.
- Prioritize marketing projects and allocate resources accordingly.
- Bachelor's degree in marketing, business administration, economics, advertising, public relations or related field.
- Master's degree in business or related field a plus.
- Proven work experience as a VP of Marketing, Marketing Director or other senior role.
- Experience in fintech industry desired.
- Experience leveraging social media, SEO, blogging, video blogging.
- Demonstrable experience designing and implementing successful marketing campaigns.
- Solid knowledge of SEO, understanding of website analytics, and Google Adwords.
- Excellent communications skills.
- Strong analytical and project management skills.
- Strategic mindset, with ability to solve interpersonal issues.
- Experience in leading the marketing/communications functions during merger, divestiture and acquisition/integrations.
- Knoweldge of real estate investing and the BiggerPockets community is preferred.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable people with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, and filing cabinets.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. This is largely a sedentary role. Moving equipment for production and videos is regularly required.
Minimal travel is required for this position
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Days and Core Hours of work are Monday through Friday, 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. Please note this is still a full-time position and you are expected to work a normal 40-hour workweek. Occasional evening and weekend work may be required as job duties demand.
BiggerPockets is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
People from diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply.