BiggerPockets is hiring a Junior Full Stack Developer to help create and maintain BiggerPockets software products.
BiggerPockets is a complete resource for anyone looking to succeed in real estate investing. We offer free content, tools, and a community of over 1,200,000 members to help people avoid mistakes; learn valuable tips; find partners, deals, and financing; and make the best investing decisions possible.
The essential function of this role will be to help keep things running smoothly. One important responsibility will be maintaining frequent communication with product stakeholders and customer support teams to triage bug reports and guide the implementation of fixes, or implementing the fixes yourself.
The other major responsibility will involve the improvement and maintenance of our software infrastructure, such as:
- Improving performance and resilience of our products and data
- Improving software delivery processes and production monitoring
- Managing and updating software dependencies
- Responding to monitoring alerts and security vulnerability reports
- Assisting application engineers in the development of new features and improvements
- Providing support to business analyst roles
Core competencies for this role include:
- Excellent communication skills
- Understanding of software development methodologies, such as Agile
- Working knowledge of the Ruby programming language and the Ruby on Rails framework, as well as front-end development
- Working knowledge of database systems such as PostgreSQL and redis
- Expertise in using source control software, such as Git
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
Bachelor’s degree in computer science or equivalent vocational qualifications.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, and filing cabinets.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. This is largely a sedentary role. Moving equipment for production and videos is regularly required.
Minimal travel is required for this position
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 9 a.m. to 4 p.m.Occasional evening and weekend work may be required as job duties demand.
BiggerPockets is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Individuals from diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply.