BiggerPockets is a complete resource for anyone looking to succeed in real estate investing. We offer free content, tools, and a community of over 1,200,000 members to help people avoid mistakes; learn valuable tips; find partners, deals, and financing; and make the best investing decisions possible.
As our community is growing, so is our team! We’re seeking a Senior Full-Stack Software Engineer to help create and maintain the BiggerPockets software products. While BiggerPockets is based in Denver, Colorado, this person will work partially remote, reporting to a shared coworking space with our Director of Engineering + UX in Southampton.
Some examples of things you would be working on:
Taking a feature specification and implementing it in code
- Reading a bug report and implementing a fix for it
- Optimizing the performance of an existing piece of code
- Supporting the development of junior-level developers
- Providing input on product technical architecture
- Improving processes and policies for how the team operates
- Deep knowledge of the Ruby programming language and the Rails framework
- Experience with modern frontend frameworks, such as React
- Experience integrating with third-party APIs, such as Stripe
- Expertise in database design and administration (PostgreSQL)
- Expertise with version control (Git)
- Expertise with testing (RSpec)
- Ability to work independently and self-manage
- Great written communication skills
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or equivalent vocational qualifications.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
The salary range for this full-time position is £70,000 - £80,000 based on experience. We allow 28 days of paid time off per year (including holidays). Another benefit we offer is a generous personal development budget, for buying books, attending conferences, and generally becoming the best engineer you can be.
A six-month probation period will apply.
Firstly, we’ll arrange a time to speak with a member of our people operations team. This is a great time for you to learn more about the company and our culture.
The next step after this call will be a take-home project. Don’t worry, we don’t want to take up too much of your time with busywork. We just want to see how you approach a solution to a problem.
After that, we may invite you to an informal interview. This will happen at our office in Southampton, and will consist of a two-way conversation and a little pair programming.
And finally comes the family interview, where you can get to know the great people you’ll be working with every day.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Some travel (up to 4 weeks per year) may be required for this position
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 10 a.m. - 6 p.m.Occasional evening and weekend work may be required as job duties demand.
BiggerPockets is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Individuals from diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply.