BiggerPockets is seeking a Senior Full Stack Ruby on Rails Engineer join our team!
BiggerPockets is a complete resource for anyone looking to succeed in real estate investing. We offer free content, tools, and a community of over 1,200,000 members to help people avoid mistakes; learn valuable tips; find partners, deals, and financing; and make the best investing decisions possible.
Some examples of things you would be working on:
- Taking a feature specification and implementing it in code
- Reading a bug report and implementing a fix for it
- Optimizing the performance of an existing piece of code
- Supporting the development of junior-level developers
- Providing input on product technical architecture
- Improving processes and policies for how the team operates
- Improving infrastructure and software delivery practices
- Acting as the engineering lead for a project
Core competencies for this role include:
- Deep knowledge of the Ruby programming language and the Ruby on Rails framework
- Understanding of, and an interest in, principles of good software design
- Knowledge of the principles of web service design, such as REST
- Understanding of what it takes to be a great mentor, and how to support the roles of other engineers in the team
- Experience with modern front-end frameworks, such as React
- Experience integrating with third-party APIs, such as Stripe
- Expertise in database design and database systems, such as PostgreSQL
- Expertise with version control systems, such as Git
- Expertise with testing, using tools such as RSpec
- Great written communication skills
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
Bachelor’s degree in computer science or equivalent vocational qualifications.
4-7 professional experience preferred.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, and filing cabinets.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. This is largely a sedentary role. Moving equipment for production and videos is regularly required.
Minimal travel is required for this position
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 9 a.m. to 4 p.m.Occasional evening and weekend work may be required as job duties demand.
BiggerPockets is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Individuals from diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply.