BiggerPockets is seeking a Chief Technology Officer (CTO) to join our team in Denver! BiggerPockets is a complete resource for anyone looking to succeed in real estate investing. We offer free content, tools, and a community of over 1.4 million members to help people avoid mistakes; learn valuable tips; find partners, deals, and financing; and make the best investing choices possible.
As a member of our executive team, the CTO will be responsible for the entire product development lifecycle. You will create a product roadmap and vision that supports the company’s strategic plan and support a technology team capable of executing that roadmap and sustaining current business operations.
You will work directly under the CEO and will act as both a technology and business expert, making calls that will impact the current and future operations of the company.
WHAT DOES SUCCESS LOOK LIKE?
- Product and Engineering produce consistent, reliable output that is measurable in a manner that the rest of the organization understands and meets deadlines agreed upon in advance. The organization is aware of all work being done in the product and engineering organization and this workflow is communicated in a simple and easy to understand manner.
- You support a team that predominantly uses an Agile methodology, and you and your product managers agree that each feature worked on by each team is what you believe to be the highest and best use of resources to move towards the businesses’ strategic goals and operational targets. You are personally accountable for the quality of the inputs and outputs of the product and engineering team.
- Setting a vision for how technology will be used in the company
- Ensuring that the technological resources meet the company's short and long-term needs
- Build quality assurance and data protection processes
- Monitor KPIs and IT budgets to assess technological performance
- Use stakeholders’ feedback to inform necessary improvements and adjustments to technology
- Communicate technology strategy to partners and investors
- Creating timelines for the development and deployment of all technological services
- Making executive decisions on behalf of the company's technological requirements
- Acting as a mentor to team members
- Staying on top of technology trends and developments
- Ensuring all technology practices adhere to regulatory standards
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLSET:
- Experience as a CTO or similar executive role in an organization using an agile methodology
- Ability to accurately predict product and engineering throughput levels
- Ability to estimate the scope of work for various feature and product sets
- Proven ability to consistently deliver on time and at appropriate quality standards as applicable
- Ability to forecast hiring needs to meet business demands
- Knowledge of technological trends to build strategy
- Understanding of budgets and business-planning
- Ability to conduct technological research and share your findings
- Excellent communication skills
- Leadership and organizational abilities
- Strategic thinking
- Problem-solving aptitude
- BS/BA in Computer Science, Engineering or a related field; MBA or other relevant graduate degree is a plus
- Knowledge of real estate investing and/ or the BiggerPockets product and community is a plus
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable people with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, and filing cabinets.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. This is largely a sedentary role. Moving equipment for production and videos is regularly required.
Minimal travel is required for this position
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Days and Core Hours of work are Monday through Friday, 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. Please note this is still a full-time position and you are expected to work a normal 40-hour workweek. Occasional evening and weekend work may be required as job duties demand.
BiggerPockets is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
People from diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply.