BiggerPockets is seeking an organized, team-oriented, and responsible person that is motivated to help our team succeed! The ideal candidate is a detail-oriented office superhero who enjoys being involved in a variety of projects and bringing fun ideas and events to our workplace. If you’re passionate about helping to support people and our organization as a whole, this is the role for you!
- Assist People Operations Lead with various administrative duties.
- Help to plan and coordinate team lunches and team events to facilitate fun and educational opportunities
- Recruitment/Onboarding: Coordinating and scheduling interviews for shortlisted candidates, printing resumes and greeting candidates upon their arrival. Help with logistics when a new team member is coming onboard, including ordering office supplies, setting up their workstation, creating their onboarding schedule, and making sure things are ready for their arrival.
- Improve current office processes and procedures as well as create new ones
- Manage and organize office supplies ordering and technology ordering from Apple; streamline and track these processes
- Act as point of contact for building management including but not limited to incoming and outgoing mail; acting as a vendor liaison to the landlord, cleaning company, and other vendors; manage building access and security systems (don’t worry, it’s easy!)
- Assist CEO with scheduling meetings and calendar management
- Helping keep others on the team organized and on point as needed (what we refer to as “herding cats”)
- Working on special projects, including an office move in the next few months (we are growing!)
- Experience working in an office setting or professional environment (college internships are great!)
- A knack for organization and ability to prioritize
- A love for people and helping to bring joy and organization in an often jumbled workplace
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills
- Sensitivity and understanding of confidential matters and the ability to protect those accordingly
- Excellent computer skills and are a self-starter in picking up new systems as needed.
- Professional, friendly, yet easy-going demeanor
- Can work with minimal oversight
- The basics: Microsoft Office Suite, Google Docs, Google Calendar… the list goes on
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Work Environment: This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers + accessories, phones, photocopiers, and filing cabinets.
Physical Demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. This is largely a sedentary role.
Travel: Minimal travel is required for this position
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Days and Core Hours of work are Monday through Friday, 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. Please note this is still a full-time position and you are expected to work a 40-hour workweek. Occasional evening and weekend work may be required as job duties demand.
BiggerPockets is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Individuals from diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply.