BiggerPockets is seeking a Product Owner to join our growing team and contribute to our thriving online community. The Product Owner will work at the intersection of product and marketing to improve product offerings, measure and deliver new value to users, and educate users on product offerings.
- Work with Product and Engineering teams to implement strategic initiatives designed to increase user satisfaction and company revenue
- Acquire detailed level of requirements from stakeholders and/or customers
- Turn use cases and business objectives into user stories for technical implementation.
- Clearly communicate the business requirements to team members.
- Manage coordination efforts with UX/UI team to build products.
- Determines Minimum Viable Product (MVP) and creates and maintains product backlog.
- Engage closely with engineering teams to help determine the best implementation for new features
- Work with technical teams to drive users towards site features the user is most likely to use
- Train sales and marketing teams on new product benefits
- Incorporate feedback from stakeholders and business leaders into product iterations and new product releases.
- Proactively monitor key performance metrics to quickly identify quality issues and inform future business decisions
- Experience as a Business Analyst, Product Manager, Product Owner working in an agile/scrum environment.
- Proven experience building software products
- Demonstrable experience in data analytics and tools
- Track record of taking ownership of projects and helping them succeed
- Excellent organization skills, and the ability to manage multiple projects at once
- A strong understanding of the software development lifecycle, including the ability to work with product and engineering teams
- Solid computer skills -- Microsoft Excel is mandatory, and experience with any of the following is highly desired: Google Analytics, SQL, Amplitude, Jira, AirTable
- Strong writing skills
- A strong work ethic (but you also know how to have fun)
Education + Experience:
Bachelor’s degree or four to eight years related experience and/or training, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, and filing cabinets.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. This is largely a sedentary role. Attend marketing events when needed.
Minimal travel is required for this position
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work:
This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, with Core Hours being 9:00am-4:00pm. Occasional evening and weekend work may be required as job duties demand.
BiggerPockets is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Individuals from diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply.