BiggerPockets is seeking a Product Designer to join our growing team! BiggerPockets is a complete resource for anyone looking to succeed in real estate investing. We offer free content, tools, and a community of over 1.4 million members to help people avoid mistakes; learn valuable tips; find partners, deals, and financing; and make the best investing decisions possible.
In this role, you will collaborate with the product team, engineers, and stakeholders to turn ideas into intuitive, usable products. You’ll be responsible for understanding the needs of our users, and defining and delivering end-to-end product design, as well as gathering insight into our users’ needs, behaviors, and intentions.
- Develop high-level journey maps, task flows, mockups, and prototypes to effectively communicate concepts in a fast-paced environment
- Create holistic design solutions that balance user needs and business requirements
- Distill complex problems into simple and elegant user experiences for a range of target users and platforms, including web and mobile
- Be the voice of the user, champion their needs, and enhance the overall user experience
- Work collaboratively with partners and stakeholders across the organization
- Explore the bounds of our products creatively, with an understanding of how to balance this with usability
- Execute designs in an agile manner in an iterative, continuous deployment engineering process
- Bachelor’s degree and 2-5 years related experience
- Excellent working knowledge of Sketch, InVision, and other prototyping tools
- Experience with iterative design and working with cross functional teams
- Knowledge of qualitative and quantitative methods for user research
- The ability to think about product strategy and vision
- Willingness to have open, direct, and respectful conversations to ensure we reach the best possible design solutions as a team
- A portfolio featuring examples of both visual and interactive work
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, and filing cabinets.
Physical Demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. This is largely a sedentary role.
Travel: Minimal travel is required for this position
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work: This is a full-time position. Days and Core Hours of work are Monday through Friday, 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. Occasional evening and weekend work may be required as job duties demand.
BiggerPockets is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Individuals from diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply.