Who We Are
EDO is a data science software firm that develops analytics tools to make data accessible and actionable for the media and entertainment industry. Currently focused on film and TV, we work with many major movie studios and TV networks to help them forecast, market and distribute their content more effectively. We are growing into other verticals with a heavy focus on autos.
We are a team of world-class engineers and data scientists backed by top leaders in entertainment and technology. Our co-founders and executive leadership have a strong track record with other successful ventures.
What You Will Do
Technology is at the heart of what we do as a company. You will be critical to the availability, security, and stability of our data. In particular, you will:
- Be responsible for our engineering processes and management of our databases and related infrastructure
- Understand our database needs and establish maintainable database development standards
- Proactively monitor, measure, and improve all areas of database infrastructure, including performance, stability, and security
- Collaborate with the rest of the team and foster a culture of creativity and technical excellence in our engineering team
What We Are Looking For
- 2-3 years of experience in database administration and data modeling
- Experience managing and scaling relational databases (MySQL experience is a plus)
- Experience with cloud-based DB technologies, preferably AWS (RDS, Athena, Redshift)
- Experience with database monitoring tools, such as Nagios, NewRelic, AWS CloudWatch
- Experience with Cassandra, Scylla or other wide column stores a plus