Who We Are
EDO is a data science software firm that develops analytics tools to make data accessible and actionable for the media and entertainment industry. Currently focused on film and TV, we work with many major movie studios and TV networks to help them forecast, market and distribute their content more effectively. We are growing into other verticals with a heavy focus on autos.
We are a team of world-class engineers and data scientists backed by top leaders in entertainment and technology. Our co-founders and executive leadership have a strong track record with other successful ventures.
What You Will Do
Technology is at the heart of what we do as a company. You will be critical to the generation and delivery of our data. In particular, you will:
- Be responsible for our engineering processes and tooling for deployment, database management, server management, etc.
- Own the development and deployment of our infrastructure
- Understand our AWS architecture and ensure optimal utilization of resources
- Understand our engineering needs and make sure that each engineering project is set up with the correct infrastructure
- Collaborate with the rest of the team and foster a culture of creativity and technical excellence in our engineering team
- Support the overall software engineering team with any issues they encounter
What We Are Looking For
- Experience in Devops / System Administration (ideally 5+ years, with Linux experience)
- Experience with AWS (EC2, RDS, S3, SQS, ElasticCache)
- Experience managing web servers (nginx), application servers (Rails / Unicorn) and databases (MySQL)
- Experience managing system vulnerabilities and security issues, including automation of scans, monitoring, and patching processes
- Self-driven individuals who take ownership of their work
- Strong problem solving ability and object-oriented design skills
- Ability to excel in a fast-paced, startup-like environment
- Strong understanding of software engineering practices and principles
- Interpersonal and communication skills to work on a small team
- Willingness to learn about our clients and their unique problems