BigBear, Inc. is a leading provider of big data computing and analytic solutions. We help people make sense of their data using our cloud-based platform and big data processing algorithms. Each day, we crunch massive volumes of structured and unstructured data into usable and actionable information for our customers.
We currently have an immediate position for a talented and passionate Software Engineer to build high-performing, scalable, enterprise-grade applications. You will be responsible for server side application development while providing expertise in the full software development lifecycle, from concept and design to testing. You will collaborate directly with customers to ensure our products meet and exceed operational requirements. The successful candidate will be a self-starter that demonstrates excellent communication and problem solving skills with a focus on customer service.
- BS/MS degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related subject
- 3+ years experience with the Python programming language
- Experience developing and scripting in Linux based environments.
- Experience with Unix Shell
- Experience with database technologies
- Strong communication and leadership skills
- Strong desire to learn and master new technologies
- Adaptive to different technology interfaces and frameworks.
- Must be US Citizen
- Experience developing in large distributed environments
- Experience integrating and maintaining applications within cloud environments
- Experience with RESTful service architectures
- Ability to document and demonstrate solutions with diagrams, charts, and clean code.
- Ability to create and execute action plans for both deployment and maintenance.
- Experience with performance tuning
- Collaborate with Project Manager and engineering to implement innovative solutions
- Design and develop high-volume, low-latency applications for mission-critical systems
- Contribute in all phases of the development lifecycle
- Write well designed, testable, efficient code and unit tests
- Ensure designs are in compliance with specifications
- Perform demonstrations and briefings to customers to ensure program success
- Perform system monitoring, optimization, and high performance tuning.
- Perform requirements analysis, system design, and draft technical documentation
- Participate in research and development for system engineering and product advancement
- Provide off-hours support in rare circumstances
BigBear is an Equal Opportunity Employer