A SECRET SECURITY CLEARANCE IS REQUIRED FOR THIS POSITION
BigBear, Inc. is an Information Technology enterprise with locations in Northern Virginia and Southern California. Our mission is to enable big data computing and analytics for our customers at a low cost. We leverage capabilities such as machine learning, crowd sourcing, geospatial image processing and Extract-Transform-Load (ETL) data processing using our on premise cloud computing technology stack. Our solutions provide a unique offering of products, custom built software and services focused within Big Data Analytics, Geospatial Information Systems (GIS), Visualization and Cloud Computing to our Department of Defense, and Commercial customers. We currently have exciting and challenging career opportunities for talented, motivated individuals who want to be part of a fast growing company.
Operating as a unified team, with employees who are creative, dynamic, and visionary, drives our mission to success. Each team member provides a unique set of advanced technical skills and trade that contributes to our overall success. We pride our team on having a burning desire to push our technology and solutions to the next level of innovation. To accomplish these goals, we advocate hard work, dedication, leadership, and a passion for excellence.
We are seeking to expand our top-notch team of forward thinking engineers, data scientists, and innovators, to help our customers make sense of their data. We are experiencing rapid growth, with a mission to help our customers find new ways to discover, understand, and visualize information. We will provide you a competitive salary, full benefits, 401(k) with match, educational reimbursement, flexible hours, unlimited coffee and snacks, and an ownership opportunity in the company as we grow.
We currently have an immediate position for a talented and passionate JAVA Software Engineer in the Charlottesville, VA area to build high-performing, scalable, enterprise-grade applications. You will be responsible for server side application development while providing expertise in the full software development lifecycle, from concept and design to testing. You will collaborate directly with customers to ensure our products meet and exceed operational requirements. The successful candidate will be a self-starter that demonstrates excellent communication and problem solving skills with a focus on customer service.
- B.S. degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or equivalent experience.
- Must be a US Citizen.
- Must have a SECRET Clearance with the ability to obtain a Top Secret / SCI Clearance.
- 5+ years experience with hands-on experience in Java Programming Language.
- 5+ years experience developing applications on the JavaFX platform.
- Object Oriented programming and design skills are required.
- Experience working Java frameworks such as Spring Framework.
- Familiarity with event-driven programming.
- Experience developing multi threaded applications a plus.
- Working experience with Postgres/PostGIS, ElasticSearch, or Oracle database a plus.
- Hands on experience with OpenStreetMap, OGC, or other GIS a plus.
- Experience integrating applications with intelligence databases such as MIDB a plus.
- Strong communication and leadership skills required.
- Experience working in an Agile/Scrum development process.
- Collaborate with Project Manager and engineering to implement innovative solutions.
- Design and develop high-volume, low-latency applications for mission-critical systems.
- Contribute in all phases of the development lifecycle.
- Write well designed, testable, efficient code and unit tests.
- Ensure designs are in compliance with specifications.
- Perform demonstrations and briefings to customers to ensure program success.
- Perform technical support for products at customer sites.
- Perform system monitoring, optimization, and high performance tuning.
- Perform requirements analysis, system design, and draft technical documentation.
- Participate in research and development for system engineering and product advancement.
- Domestic travel as needed.
If you are interested in this immediate opportunity, please submit your professional resume to email@example.com.
BigBear is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled