Our team is built of passionate individuals who are customer-focused, respectful, innovative, data-driven, fun and quirky. We love what we do, and we give 100% at all times to get the job done. We have each other’s backs while holding ourselves accountable. We have grit and determination and believe that the workplace should be a safe, comfortable and yes even fun environment. Culture is of the utmost importance to us and what keeps our team thriving.
is a comprehensive cloud-based analytics service that allows businesses to gain insights on and improve employee productivity. As a freemium service easily installed on an employee's desktop to measure activity, the ActivTrak platform provides valuable aggregate data on a company's day-by-day performance, with information displayed on an easy-to-manage dashboard. The company's software is easy to install and data transfer is encrypted, ensuring protection and security.
As a Technical Support Engineer, you play a crucial role in ensuring ActivTrak’s customer success. Technical Support Engineer responsibilities include managing the technical relationship between ActivTrak and customers. As a trusted advisor, the TSE will manage the technical success of these accounts by leveraging their technical and product knowledge to guide customers in the successful deployment and use of ActivTrak products. Successful candidates will have an excellent technical and software foundation, as well as experience in a customer-facing role.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong teamwork and collaboration skills
- Passionate about improving the customer experience. Finds new ways to elevate the typical “break-fix” TSE role into one of customer advocacy, product improvement ideation, and identifying internal process improvements
- Troubleshooting ferocity and the ability to find solutions to customer problems, an unwillingness to compromise, grit to stay with an issue until it’s resolved
- Familiarity and experience with structured query language, including writing simple select and join queries is a plus
- Understanding of JSON and how to send payloads to target endpoints via webhooks is a plus
- Ability to accurately and consistently update customer records and reporting of software defects
What You Will Learn:
- Technical Skills: Stay up to date on the latest cloud-based technology. Maintain strong technical knowledge of ActivTrak’s product offerings and be able to educate customers on best practices, preferred configurations, and the next steps for common issues.
- Communication Skills: Technical support engineers break down complex technological concepts so that they can be understood by all customers. Learn to be comfortable with translating concepts for different audiences, being able to present information clearly and articulately.
- Problem Solving: Technical support engineers are, by nature, problem solvers. They help others use technology to do work more efficiently, and they ensure that the technology is working as expected. This means coming up with creative solutions to tricky problems on the fly, as well as implementing best practices overall to ensure that problems won’t recur.
Why Should You Apply?
- Opportunity to build technical account management and leadership skills
- Advancement based on skills development, not tenure
- Dedicated team of peers and leadership
- Foundational member of the Technical Support Engineering organization
- Opportunity to work with and learn from a group of diverse and talented individuals with different backgrounds and cultures.
- Occasional Team Happy Hours
- Occasional Team Breakfast
- Fully stocked Kitchen
- Casual Office Attire
- Work From Home Days