The Quality Control Associate works with the Production Manager in our Los Angles office to establish quality requirements for vendors ensuring tests and procedures are properly understood, carried out and evaluated and that product issues are investigated if necessary.
What you'll do:
- Conduct daily factory visits in the greater Los Angeles area. Monitor factory operations to ensure product is meeting company standards.
- Identify and trouble shoot with operators at the factory on any sewing and construction issues. Share any recommendations to adjust the assembly or production process
- Working with Production Manager and team to review pre and post cut goods
- Managing and updating the Company Supplier and Quality Manuals
- Conduct a Quality Control inspection 2.0-2.5 AQL for each purchase order
- Ensure care label, basic trims, special tags and folding methods are applied as required
- Provide QC release audit forms / audit records to contractors and production team
- Inspect returned merchandise to ensure first quality
- Considering the application of environmental and health/safety standards
- Research & help resolve issues to proactively reduce failure rates and increase overall quality levels in production
- Keep the production team informed of issues identified during quality control activities
- Prepare monthly summaries of quality issues for the Production Manager and team to review and for presentation to the senior management team
- Manage the Vendor/ facility database and documentation
- Manage the compilation of the quarterly vendor compliance reports
Who you are:
- 3-5 years work experience in quality control
- Strong foundation of garment construction knowledge
- Must be fluent in written and spoken English and spoken Spanish
- Analyze problems, detect root causes and resolve all issues.
- Must have experience of carry out AQL inspections at a factory level
- Proficient in excel, email, word etc.
- Excellent time management, planning, organization and prioritization skills
- Multiproduct experience necessary
- Ability to travel at short notice if required
- Valid drivers license, car and insurance with clean driving record.
Compensation & Perks of working at Beyond Yoga:
- Competitive salary
- Benefits including Health, Dental, Life Insurance, etc.
- 401(k) with company matching
- Paid Time Off + Annual Holiday PTO (position dependent)
- And of course, an awesome clothing allowance