This position is responsible for all aspects of SMU Development, SMU Costing, and Mainline Costing, in collaboration with key partners, while maintaining alignment with the company strategy. Must ensure brand vision and product integrity standards are met while adhering to the Product Life Cycle calendar and meeting financial goals. Assuming responsibility for the overall aesthetic, quality of the product, driving costing, and SMU development.
What you'll do:
- Follow up on all development needs with regards to delivery, styles, fabric, quality, fabric availability, art development.
- Partner with Production to ensure capacity and delivery needs are confirmed.
- Execute all development sample needs, track samples, maintain SMU Tracking Report.
- Communicate SMU needs with design; cads, graphic placements and tech packs as needed.
- Develop art techniques as needed, following up on strike off for approvals to bulk.
- Communicate any potential issues with cross functional teams.
- Develop and maintain strong cross functional relationships for all SMU needs.
- Set-up and maintain fabric and trim raw material ID’s and color codes in ERP, working closely with planning so logic and raw material reporting is cohesive.
- Execute SMU costing and mainline costing, obtain approval, and communicate accordingly for style set-up in ERP.
Who you are:
- 5+ year experience in women’s or juniors knitwear. Activewear knowledge a plus.
- Experience with domestic production and some import.
- Strong understanding of SMU process, BOM’s, tech packs, fittings, and sourcing fabric/trim.
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Google Sheets, and Dropbox.
- Strong communication skills (verbal and written) and strong attention to detail.
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced environment, is solutions oriented, a self-starter, and has strong work ethic.
Compensation & Perks of working at Beyond Yoga:
- Competitive salary and benefits including Health, Dental, Life Insurance, 401K, etc.
- Paid Time Off + Annual Holiday PTO (position dependent)
- An environment that understands the importance of work/life balance
- And of course, an awesome clothing allowance