A San Francisco and San Diego based company building insight through the intelligent use of drones is interested in passionate software developers that enjoy building beautiful software. As an integral member of the product team, one has direct input into the growing drone service space and gets to experience a new industry from the ground floor.
Builds new and maintains existing features in a react based node.js system and a Swift mobile app. Participates in product development team meetings and in continuous integration mechanisms within Amazon S3. This position is an exempt position with market rate compensation and a standard work day in sunny Solana Beach, CA.
· Author code for user stories delivered via KanBan project management.
· Participate in team meetings to determine product direction and feature set.
· Maintain continuous integration in the Amazon S3 cloud.
· Follow coding standards set by the team.
· Follow source control branching strategy and suggest improvements, where necessary.
· From time to time, attend events to represent the organization.
· From time to time, travel to other offices to participate in meetings.
· Some experience in Swift or other iOS language (looking for familiarity with the iOS SDK so Objective C works as well).
· Continuous integration experience. Amazon S3 a plus but other platforms acceptable with a demonstrated level of competence.
· Experience working with third party SDKs and Web Services.
· Demonstrated knowledge of the technology stack in use is heavily favored: Node.js, React, DJI SDK, Grunt, Yarn, Postgres SQL, GitHub, Slack
· Excellent communication skills – spoken word, written word, grammar and spelling.
· A can-do attitude, one can say no, but there better be a solid argument as to why the answer is no.
· Strong problem solving skills.
· Customer service – internal and external is key
While the above description is intended to give an idea of what the position will entail, this description is by no means a complete description of every responsibility the job will entail.