Locations: Bay area, CA, Portland, OR, Folsom, CA, Phoenix, AZ
Transformation to a data-centric company presents exciting career growth opportunities in the fast-growing Data Center market, Artificial Intelligence, Autonomous Driving, Exascale computing & Network infrastructure. If you want to be at the front row seat of this incredible journey, come to join our Engineering Group. In this position you will be part of the SDG-Emulation COE Leadership team responsible for delivering state-of-the-art Emulation Validation System (Models + Validation Test Environment – content tools / automation / transactors / checkers / BIOS / code / Firmware + Feature Content) for the Server CPU Development Group's entire Portfolio of Datacenter products spanning the Cloud, Enterprise, HPC, Networking, Communications, Storage, Artificial Intelligence and Autonomous driving market segments.
Server Designs are getting bigger & more complex and hence Emulation is a must have for in-depth testing to enable A0 production worthy Si for Data Center products. Server Emulation Validation has been a challenge due to numerous factors spanning from Methodology to Implementation of the various components which make up the Emulation Validation System.
The successful candidate will be assessing the emulation technical challenges & opportunities and setting overall technical direction for the Emulation COE Org to be successful in delivering quality Emulation Validation System to SOC customers which will enable them to start Volume execution to find RTL/FW bugs. Responsibilities include but not limited to: Setting the overall Emulation Content & Automation Methodology, Driving standardization where applicable across SDG product portfolio as well as with DDG/CDG Emulation teams as well as across emulation & simulation continuum; Setting technical direction to solve key technical challenges associated with delivering the Emulation validation system on time; defining long-term technology roadmaps; Driving SDG wide Emulation WG to align with partners on the Methodology & solutions to key technical challenges. Strong influencing & networking skills needed to work with various SOC design teams, SOC simulation org as well as partner organizations. Ability to mentor, guide & develop technical talent within the COE org is a must.
- BS or MS in Computer Science, Computer or Electrical Engineering or related fields with 10+ years of relevant work experience.
- Strong understanding of Computer Architecture.
- Solid understanding of HW/SW programming Interfaces & ability to read specs
Excellent HW & SW Debug Skills.
- Good knowledge of Computer Architecture Programming experience in at least one language: C/C++, Perl, Python, etc.
- Experience in micro-architecture & design of server products is a plus.
- Emulation &/or Simulation Validation Experience is a plus.
- Strong Technical leadership and Influencing skills.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate clearly and succinctly to management
- Demonstrated ability to work in a dynamic cross-team environment
- Works well with senior technical and business experts
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills ability to communicate with partners, customers & senior management.
- Data-driven decision making and a balanced approach to enable business objectives
- Self-starter, self-motivator, great problem-solving skills and a passion for continuous improvement systems and improving overall org efficiency.