Location: Chicago,IL or Charlotte, NC, Denver,CO
BRIEF POSITION SUMMARY
Responsible for developing a strategic plan, road map and implementation within the business development segment of sales including Account Acquisition positions of Business Development Executive & Business Development Representative to align with the MSC customer model. Provide visionary and direct leadership of the BDE Team Manager and BDR Team Manager roles focused on Hiring, Coaching, Developing, and Rewarding Performance. Supports the customer sales process and engages in negotiation and relationship support up to the “C” Suite Level to create winning partnerships and increasing lifetime value.
DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Directs New Business Development Team to achieve incremental sales and contribution margin growth goals across Core account prospects and newly signed accounts. Proactively anticipates business changes and targets additional prospects to meet annual budget.
- Supports Negotiation and Financial Modeling to Align with Senior Customer Contacts up to the “C” Suite in order to establish profitable wins across the core business
- Establishes ideal customer profile criteria in line with customer segmentation strategies. Effectively manages and communicates funnel of opportunities and forecasts revenue and profit contributions accordingly.
- Controls, monitors, and approves capital investment in new customers and financial acceleration programs to ensure ethical and proper deployment of company finances.
- Presents new business updates and strategies regularly to Sr. level leadership within the organization.
- Align customer development across all MSC business entities to forge one go to market strategy using best practices from all organizations.
- Effectively leads and manages the sales process utilizing established CRM best practices and insight sales methodology.
- Identifies and adjusts activities to meet targeted results.
- Develop and align business development model to support the Managed Assembly Consumables and Metalworking Category annual growth plan aligning strategies for the MSC core business.
- Develop ROI and profitability models with support of Finance to support proposed investments to meet current and future requirements for Business Development
- Responsible for the measurement, key success metrics and achievement of the performance of business development
- Responsible for driving the business development teams to meeting strategic and financial goals.
- Responsible for managing P&L goals and ROI goals for BDE and BDR programs
- Align metrics to drive the right behaviors to ensure successful return on investment.
- Analyze data to ensure the business development programs are successful and to adjust as necessary based on results.
- Create specific and targeted strategy to deploy sales team to target ideal customers aligning the sales process with sales enablement, sales readiness, marketing and Strategic Accounts & Field Sales leadership
- Collaborate with Sales Enablement team and Sales Readiness team to address training requirements.
- Collaborate with HR & Sales Enablement to build appropriate job roles and responsibilities, and compensation in support of total targeted ROI.
- Works cross functionally with sales, finance, marketing, human resources, training, IT, product and solutions leadership to ensure alignment to strategic objectives.
- Maintains ongoing relationship with key external partners and develops new relationships as necessary to support program success.
- Prepares and delivers high level program updates to MSC’s executive and senior management
- Fosters the MSC Culture in the department and throughout the company to ensure fulfillment of MSC’s vision and unity of purpose.
- Participation in special projects and performs additional duties as required.
- Builds strong cross functional working relationships inclusive of legal, supply chain, e commerce, senior executives, finance, sourcing, data analytics, sales operations, field sales, product management, and Senior National Account management for all segments.
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE:
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Business or the equivalent experience is required.
- Minimum of 10 years managing associates is required
- Minimum of 3 years leading leadership associates is preferred
- Previous sales and operational management experience is required
- Previous industrial distribution experience preferred.
- Strong organizational management skills required with ability to work within all facets of business including sales, operations, IT, and finance.
- Strong analytical skills preferred.
- Ability to develop and execute strategic business plans.
- Excellent organizational, time management and team building skills are required.
- Strong leadership, coaching, presentation abilities
- Excellent oral and written communication skills required
- Ability to partner cross functionally with other department leaders to accomplish goals & objectives
- Computer proficiency in word processing, spreadsheet, and presentation software is required.
- Strategic: The ability to make high-quality, organization-wide decisions
- Operational: The ability to influence multiple stakeholders in a complex work process
- Relational: The ability to negotiate or “manage up” and “across” the company
- Plans and Aligns
- Drives vision and purpose
- Manages ambiguity
- Cultivates Innovation
- Customer Focus
- Drives results
- A valid driver’s license and the ability to travel up to 30% of the time are required.