We are seeking an experienced leader to manage a team of Application Engineers to drive our Technical Computing and Model-Based Design products in the Aerospace & Defense industry. As a member of our worldwide management team, you will lead a group of tools experts, help define and implement organizational best practices, and contribute to strategic initiatives to achieve business goals and facilitate our customers’ success. In this role, you will collaborate with managers and teams across MathWorks to deliver customer value that drives the success of customers’ strategic vision using our products and services.
- Lead a team of Application Engineers in executing on the Sales team’s goals and strategy, enabling customer success through a deep understanding of MathWorks tools, and building technical and management networks at key customer locations.
- Hire and ramp up new Application Engineers as the need arises.
- Provide coaching and guidance on customer relationship management, responsiveness, and teamwork in providing technical support to our customers.
- Collaborate with Sales Management to monitor and report on the AE/Sales team performance and business impacts.
- Establish and evolve effective business and team goals, strategies and processes.
- Contribute technical know-how and manage select customer engagements (~20% of your time).
- Advocate for the future direction of MathWorks products based on the field’s customer interactions.
- Contribute to continual improvement of customers’ methodologies, best practices, tools and techniques for more effective product usage.
- Work with the team to identify new application areas and, with Marketing, create compelling messaging and demonstrations that attract new customers/prospects by delivering this content at large and small events.
- Provide ongoing coaching on career advancement opportunities for the growth and development of team members.
- A bachelor's degree and 7 years of professional work experience is required. 2 years management experience is required.
- Candidates for this position must be authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis for any employer without restriction.
- Visa sponsorship will not be provided for this position.
- This position requires “U.S. Citizenship” due to the nature of the customers served.
- At least 10 years of experience in the Aerospace and Defense industry.
- At least 5 years managerial experience (software company preferred).
- MS or Ph.D. in engineering, mathematics, computer science, or equivalent experience.
- Experience with MathWorks products (MATLAB, Simulink, Stateflow) or other multi-domain simulation software.
- Excellent communication skills--written/verbal in both a group or individual settings, keeps others informed, involves the right people in decision making, is proactive and displays strong initiative.
- Travel time will amount to approximately 25-40% of the time with trips generally no longer than four days.
- Customer facing experience (technical support, customer, application engineering).
- Effective leadership and coaching skills: ability to guide, motivate, and inspire others.
- Ability to envision processes and procedures to address working dynamics within the group.
- Experience with MATLAB and/or Simulink.
- Experience in one of the following areas: data analytics, deep learning, computer vision, signal processing, software application development, embedded devices, physical modeling, or model-based design.
- Knowledge of the software development issues and processes in industry.
- Very strong knowledge of (and enthusiasm for!) model-based design process and its implications for embedded systems development.