The Project Manager provides overall management direction to multiple projects, establishes project objectives and policies, maintains liaison with prime client contracts, and monitors construction and financial activities through administrative
direction of on-site construction manager. May be top on-site manager on large, extensive projects. Ensures projects are completed within timeline and budgetary requirements.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for managing and directing the project team through communication, coordination and follow up necessary
- to meet project goals and objectives.
- Establish and maintain customer relationships.
- Responsible for project start up, project completion and close out process.
- Develops Critical path schedule and maintains updates throughout the duration of the project.
- Authorizes correspondence to both Owner and Subcontractor when required, acting as primary liaison with Owner over contract matters.
- Chairs progress meetings with the Owner/Consultant and/or coordination meetings with Subcontractor as needed.
- Identifies and secures necessary approvals for all changes in project scope, budget and/or schedule
- Provides ongoing project information and project reviews as required by management.
- Ensures steady cash flow/pay estimate processing by Owner.
- Billing for all contract work, as well as estimating, submitting, negotiation, and billing extra work.
- Prepares and submits all contract documentation.
- Has overall responsibility for profitability of entire job.
Experience & Skills Required:
- Minimum of 5-10 years practical experience as a Project Manager, road construction industry preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, construction management or related field.
- Project Manager Professional (PMP) certification a plus.
- Proficient in MS Office products, especially Excel and Outlook; experience with scheduling software.
- Ability to read and interpret blueprint drawings.
- Strong organizational and time management skills, ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills; solid speaking, facilitation and presentation skills.
- Outstanding customer relationship management skills; able to work with many stakeholders; highly skilled negotiator.
- Good attention to detail with the ability to recognize discrepancies.
- Strong leadership skills; ability to develop and motivate a project team.
- Must be knowledgeable in basic accounting functions.
- Must be a self-starter, willing to what it takes to get the job done.
- Valid driver’s license with a clean driving record.
Working Conditions / Physical Requirements:
The working conditions for this job entail a combination of working in an office setting and working in the field. Offsite
jobsite visits include working outdoors in various weather conditions including extreme heat and cold with exposure to loud
noises and equipment with moving parts. Sitting and/or standing for extended periods of time, as well as operating a motor
vehicle. May require evening and weekend work on a regular basis during periods of heavy workload. Ability to occasionally
lift up to 25 lbs.