Job Description - General:
- Oversee multiple jobs and/or the full range of trades to ensure the quality of their work.
- Coordinate multiple tasks/activities occurring simultaneously utilizing excellent organizational skills.
Job Description – For work at Ft. Lauderdale Airport:
- Coordinate trades with Airport personnel and crews working for other contractors.
- Act as a Transportation Escort for non-badged workers or vehicles for other contractors.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in commercial construction, with at least 2 as a full superintendent managing multiple trades including M.E.P.
- Level of construction knowledge that would enable individual to know whether work is being completed properly, using appropriate tools and materials, and based on proper flow of construction.
- Understanding of basic job site safety (ideally with OSHA 10 or 30 certifications).
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints – architectural as well as more specific for M, E, P.
- Ability to pass a Federal background check for badging which will also require multiple safety program tests given by Airport management.
- Valid driver’s license and clean driving record to be able to drive our truck onsite.
- Reliable transportation to get to work.
- Flexibility in terms of work schedule which may require coming in earlier, staying later in the day and/or work in evenings or weekends.
- Comfortable with the use of technology to manage the project. BDCSI utilizes Procore to manage its jobs. The individual hired for this position will require certification in various modules within three (3) months of hiring.
- Personal characteristics shall include a commitment to client service, ethical behavior, able to communicate effectively, work within a team, help lead by example, be decisive, proactive, organized, plan-ahead and work to find resolutions to problems/issues.