Seeking a skilled and motivated Commercial Estimator to work for a fast-paced, busy General Contractor specializing in commercial projects in the Tampa, FL area. Candidate will be responsible construction cost estimating, and communicating financial cost and project timelines to management. Candidate will also be responsible for Sub cost, qualification and preparing scopes.
Estimator Duties and Responsibilities
- Gather proposals, blueprints, specifications, and related documents. Understand the scope of work to bid and develop estimates and bids for commercial construction projects efficiently and in a timely manner.
- Read carefully plans, specification, addendums and related information to create accurate project estimates.
- Attend to all pre-bid meetings and represent the company professionally. Develop key relationships with owner and constructions managers. Document the necessary information to prepare the estimate.
- Learn company estimating standards to develop bids and cost estimates. Be a team player and collaborate on project bid goals. This position requires great communication skills (written and verbal) within our origination and trade partners.
- Manage solicitation & bid pricing from all vendors and subcontractors. Obtain and review bids from vendors and subcontractors by specifying materials. Identifying qualified subcontractors and negotiate prices. Develop database of key vendors and subcontractors for future cost estimates. Establish and maintain working relationships with vendors and subcontractors.
- The bidding process is time sensitive; ideal candidate must ensure timely completion of estimates. Time management skills are a must.
- Perform complex analysis of collected data and metrics and prepare relevant and reliable forecasts conducting complex risk analysis activities. Must be able to create and present reports to upper management analyzing and evaluating offers.
- May assist in purchasing and/or buyout duties on as needed basis and will stay involved with operations buyout process for first 90 days of project.
Estimator Requirements and Qualifications
- Proven experience as construction estimator (5 years minimum)
- Knowledge of commercial construction principles and processes, and capability of plans/specifications reading
- Able to read and provides take-offs from blue prints and specifications.
- Competent in AIA, preparation and execution of bid clarification spreadsheets
- Deep understanding of research methodology, data analysis, and estimation metrics
- Experience in Procore Microsoft Excel, Word, Outlook, and Microsoft Project preffered
- Great attention to detail, concise with exceptional organizational skills
- Excellent communication and negotiation abilities
- Strong work ethic, reliable, and able to thrive in a busy environment that is deadline oriented
- Commercial Construction Estimating: 5 years (Required)