Only local candidates will be considered!
Strong portfolio of commercial projects (restaurant, retail, office, schools, etc.)
Seeking an experienced and self-directed Construction Project Manager. The Project Manager’s job is to oversee each project from conception to the finished product, interfacing with both construction professionals and the client. You must be willing to travel to neighboring cities to visit and work on job sites, therefore reliable transportation is a must. The job includes both hands-on, technical and administrative duties.
Responsibilities and Duties
· Work with the client as well as internal team from the start of each project to ensure you understand the project scope and vision.
· Oversee every phase of each project, including details like permit submission, design evaluations, buying out/releasing of subcontractors, etc.
· Obtain permits and licenses from appropriate authorities.
· Create project as well as procurement schedule for each project and be proactive with long lead items, for instance.
· Process change orders.
Estimating experience is a plus
· Collaborate with the architect and construction crew to ensure feasibility of each project.
· Conduct meetings on-site with architect, client and construction crew if need be.
· Negotiate with vendors, suppliers and subcontractors.
· Confirm scope of work with vendors, suppliers and subcontractors.
· Prepare and submit project estimates to clients.
· Collaborate with engineers, architects etc. to determine the specifications of the project.
· Determine needed resources (manpower, equipment and materials) from start to finish with attention to budgetary limitations.
· Plan all construction operations and schedule intermediate phases to ensure deadlines will be met.
· Acquire equipment and material and monitor stocks to timely handle inadequacies.
· Hire contractors and other staff and allocate responsibilities.
· Supervise the work of laborers, mechanics etc. and give them guidance when needed.
· Evaluate progress and prepare detailed reports.
· Ensure adherence to all health and safety standards and report issues.
Qualifications and Skills
· Bachelor’s Degree in Construction Management, Civil Engineering or related field of study.
· 7+ years’ experience in /commercial construction management, general contracting and building – preferably new construction, remodels and build-outs.
· Ability to read any and all architectural drawings as well as full plan sets.
· Advanced understanding of risk management policies and procedures.
· Extensive experiencing managing budgets for large construction projects.
· Strong knowledge of construction materials, processes and equipment.