The Estimator helps drive business by preparing complete and responsive bid proposals on large and complex projects including analyzing plans and specifications to develop detailed cost estimates for materials, equipment and labor required to construct the project. This is accomplished by working closely with Operations, Project Managers, and Materials Managers during the bidding process to ensure accuracy of data used to estimate the project. Once a bid has been accepted, the Estimator will promptly work up and obtain execution of subcontracts and material purchase orders including insurance compliance. Additionally, the Estimator will lead the hand-off of information to project management to be fully educated in all strategies, opportunities and risks that were recognized in the bidding process.
To be considered for the Estimator position, candidates must possess the following:
- A minimum of 8 years estimating experience in private and public markets including Highway, Airfield, Railroad, Streets & Roads, with a focus on paving.
- BS in Construction Management/Engineering, Accounting/Finance, Architecture or similar.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills, with the ability to estimate multiple projects at a given time.
- Ability to work independently with strong attention to detail and resolve issues/problems.
- Excellent verbal & written communications.
- Strong mathematical skills.
- Ability to work autonomously with little or no direction.
- Computer skills: proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, Bluebeam, B2W or HCSS, Microsoft Project.
- Thorough understanding of the money-making process within the road construction industry.
The working conditions for this job entail performing work in an office setting, most often in a seated position. Occasional offsite visits to jobsites with exposure to a variety of weather conditions. Such offsite visits will require operating a motor vehicle. Occasionally lifting up to 10 lbs.