MountainOne Community Engagement Coordinator:
Summer Internship Opportunity (F-T)
MountainOne is a mutual holding company headquartered in North Adams, MA. We offer banking, insurance, and investment products at full service offices in the Berkshires and in the greater Boston area. MountainOne is dedicated to the local communities we serve, including individuals, businesses, and community institutions.
The Community Engagement Coordinator intern (“CEC”) will regularly represent MountainOne in the community. The CEC must be extremely organized, professional, adaptable, and personable. This is a wonderful opportunity for someone who has an interest in event planning and a passion for making a positive impact in the community. This internship would be especially valuable for anyone interested in community outreach, marketing, publicity, event planning, or sports/arts management.
The CEC will be based in our North Adams office and will work closely with the Community Engagement Officer to plan, implement and attend several summer events sponsored by MountainOne. Some flexibility in scheduling is needed in order to attend evening, weekend, and holiday events. MountainOne sponsors the North Adams SteepleCats baseball team, so the CEC will regularly represent the bank at these games. The CEC will also be responsible for keeping our promotional item inventory in good order and will need to lift and move materials.
Skills & Requirements:
· Organized and dependable, with incredible attention to detail
· Excellent communication skills and positive attitude to develop and maintain good working relationships with internal staff, community contacts, and vendors
· Ability to work a regular business day schedule that will also include occasional evenings/weekends/holidays.
· Good computer software skills – Word, Excel, PowerPoint, email, etc.
· Ability to work regularly in North Adams office and travel locally (North Adams, Williamstown and Pittsfield) for events with reliable transportation.
· Ability to regularly lift, bend, and stand, especially to set-up events.
The start date for this position will be Tuesday, June 12; the end date will be Friday, August 17. The hourly rate of pay for this full-time position will be $15.00. Interested students should attach a letter of interest and resume below. Applications will be reviewed until position is filled which will be no later than April 15, 2018.BerkshireBusinessInterns.org