Berkshire Bank - Accounting Intern
Accounting Summer Intern
Division: Finance Status: non-exempt
Department: Accounting Grade: 4
Reports to: Assistant Controller - Operations Date: 11/2017
Assists the Accounting Department by performing a variety of accounting related duties for the Bank including reconciliations, analyzing trends and accounts, help in resolving identified issues and variances. Perform reconciliations of various bank and general ledger accounts and post entries. Assist with a variety of general ledger accounts and with projects as needed..
1. Assists the department in the preparation of standard and ad hoc management and regulatory reports and financial statements through information verification, proofreading, assembling and other related activities.
2. Help maintain the Bank’s system of accounting for certain daily and monthly classes of transactions including but not limited to accruals, prepaids, and fixed assets.
3. Performs balancing and reconciling of various general ledger accounts through research. Balances and posts to a variety of general ledger accounts as needed.
4. Works with the tax department, regarding various tax related tasks including but not limited to day to day tax processes and tax projects.
5. Assists with the preparation of certain SEC and regulatory filings.
6. Serves as backup to the Wire Department. Responsible for the sending and receiving of all domestic wire transfers. Ensures that wires are sent and received accurately and posted promptly and that all pertinent information is provided.
7. Works well within a team to perform backup to staff and officers and provides internal customer service to other departments within the Bank and other duties as assigned.
Ensures compliance with all banking laws, rules, regulations, and prescribed policies/practices/procedures necessary to reduce risk and uphold ethical standards related to and required by one’s duties.
· Pursing a college degree in Finance or related field
· Prefer rising Junior or Senior
· Strong interest in finance and accounting
Strong analytical capability
Skills & Knowledge:
· High energy and detail oriented with strong organizational and analytical skills
· Flexible. Works well in a fast paced environment while balancing multiple tasks, functions and deadlines
· Proficient in Excel, Word and PowerPoint
· Strong oral and written communications, analytical & interpersonal skills
· Ability to work in a team environment
· Ability to meet deadlines
Strong Clerical Skills and attention to detail
Trainees are required to attend an unpaid Berkshire Business Interns boot-camp, a 3-day, 2 night immersive career readiness training retreat starting at 10am Saturday, June 9th, and concluding at noon on Monday, June 11th. The bootcamp includes programming to help trainees succeed at their summer internship, fun social events, plus free lodging and meals. It will be held in North Adams, Massachusetts.
Please attach a cover letter explaining why you would be an excellent candidate. Wages are $440/week for 10 weeks for full-time work.
Other internships available at berkshirebusinessinterns.org