Saraswati Imports- Retail Jewelry- Online Store Management Internship
Saraswati Imports is a leading jewelry wholesaler and a supplier to The Sundance Catalog. We have specialized in wholesale sales of sterling silver jewelry with high quality semi-precious stones from India, Nepal and Thailand for 28 years. Our customers are Sundance, museum shops, metaphysical stores and boutiques, and we are just breaking into the direct to consumer retail market.
The successful candidate will co-manage the creation of our new online retail channel. This is a unique opportunity to showcase your business, e-commerce, design, and organizational skills. The intern will report to the CEO.
The ability to work both collaboratively and independently is important.
The intern will:
1) Write up a 5-year business plan for this new retail wing of the company.
2) Research best practices and shape marketing strategies, including branding practices for the jewelry industry, and potentially executing on those findings.
3) Have excellent database, graphic design, and computer skills
4) Have recognized writing skills.
5) Have studied business and/or specific knowledge in retail web sales, and have an interest in the fashion industry.
5) Be very self-motivated with a strong work ethic.
Intern will receive $440 for 40 hours work, with the potential for an end of internship bonus depending on performance. Starting date is June 12th and ending date is August 17th.
Interested college students should submit a resume and cover letter below. Applications will be reviewed until position is filled, no later than April 30, 2018.
Saraswati Imports, Inc, follows an equal opportunity employment policy and employs personnel without regard to race, creed, color, ethnicity, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender expression, age, disability, veteran status, military obligations, and marital status.