Berkshire Bank - IT Internship
IT Summer Intern
Division: Risk Status: Non-Exempt
Department: IT Grade: 4
Reports To: Various supervisors in IT Date: 11/2017
Rotational program designed to provide aspiring IT students with day-to-day experience of how a Bank IT department works. We allow our intern(s) to work in various areas through a rotational program with the IT Help Desk, Corporate Systems, Infrastructure and Project Management. You will learn about emerging IT technologies, time management, and acquire business skills that will give you real world experience and perspective on a career in IT.
· Varies by department and may include:
· First level technical support for business areas. Troubleshoot end-user incidents and requests made via telephone, email or queued ticket. Update, resolve or escalate trouble tickets as necessary and follow-up with clients to ensure timely and accurate resolution.
· Conduct technical research on infrastructure technologies; Analyze and resolve technical problems
· Track/manage various project details and timelines
· Work with Corporate Systems team to understand business application systems
Ensures compliance with all banking laws, rules, regulations, and prescribed policies/practices/procedures necessary to reduce risk and uphold ethical standards related to and required by one’s duties.
· Pursing a college degree in Finance or related field
· Prefer rising Junior or Senior
· Strong interest in finance and accounting
Strong analytical capability
Skills & Knowledge:
· High energy and detail oriented with strong organizational and analytical skills
· Flexible. Works well in a fast paced environment while balancing multiple tasks, functions and deadlines
· Proficient in Excel, Word and PowerPoint
· Strong oral and written communications, analytical & interpersonal skills
· Ability to work in a team environment
· Ability to meet deadlines
Trainees are required to attend an unpaid Berkshire Business Interns boot-camp, a 3-day, 2 night immersive career readiness training retreat starting at 10am Saturday, June 9th, and concluding at noon on Monday, June 11th. The bootcamp includes programming to help trainees succeed at their summer internship, fun social events, plus free lodging and meals. It will be held in North Adams, Massachusetts.
Strong Clerical Skills and attention to detail. Wages are $440/week for 10 weeks for full-time work.
Please attach a cover letter explaining why you would be an excellent candidate.
Other internships available at berkshirebusinessinterns.org