Integrated Eco Strategy - Healthy Building Materials Consulting Intern
Integrated Eco Strategy (IntegratedEcoStrategy.com), is a national leader in Living
Building Challenge consulting and provides client-focused, high-value services relating to
sustainability within the building industry. Our clients range from billion-dollar thought leaders to
We are looking for a self-starting, action-oriented person with strong organizational and
communications skills. As a summer intern, you will be exposed to all facets of our operation.
Our work includes researching building materials for compliance with established health criteria
and tracking the results using our proprietary software, with a keen focus on expanding the
content and quality of our data. In addition to the materials research, our intern will be involved in
aspects of client relations, software development, and business operations.
The successful candidate will:
- Receive training on researching building material compliance requirements
- Track research results through data entry in our proprietary database and regularly update project managers and clients on the status of research tasks
- Perform other tasks related to supporting project teams in pursuit of Living Building Challenge certification
- Rotate through various teams in support of our marketing, client relations, business operations, and software development efforts
Success indicators for this role include but are not limited to:
- Strong writing skills and ability to articulate ideas in clear and concise language that all levels of our organization and outside partners understand.
- Ability to handle shifting priorities and tasks in a timely and efficient manner
- Proactive situational leadership, e.g. always looking for ways to improve process communications and address potential problems before they occur versus taking a reactive approach
- Analytical thinking with a strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Energetic and collaborative interpersonal skills
- Strong ability to work independently
Trainees are required to attend an unpaid Berkshire Business Interns boot-camp, a 3-day, 2 night immersive career readiness training retreat starting at 10am Saturday, June 9th, and concluding at noon on Monday, June 11th. The bootcamp includes programming to help trainees succeed at their summer internship, fun social events, plus free lodging and meals. It will be held in North Adams, Massachusetts.
If this position describes your talents and experience, and you know that you can help drive the
success of our growing company, then we want to hear from you! Compensation is $500/week, full-time,
and lasts for 10 weeks in June-August of 2018. Please attach a cover letter describing why you would be an excellent candidate.
Other internships available at berkshirebusinessinterns.org