Integrated Eco Strategy - Healthy Building Materials Intern- Position Filled- check out our other listings at BerkshireBusinessInterns.org
Integrated Eco Strategy (IES) helps people construct buildings that are highly energy efficient and built using sustainable materials. Our clients range from industry thought leaders to grassroots advocates. We consult to a variety of clients who develop buildings to be certified through the Living Building Challenge initiative. More information can be found at our website: www.integratedecostrategy.com
We seek a summer intern who will help research building materials for compliance with established health and green building criteria. The intern will use our proprietary “Red2Green” software and will expand the content and quality of our data. The intern will be also support client relations, software development, and business operations.
The successful candidate will:
- Learn how to research building material compliance requirements
- Track research results through data entry in our proprietary database and regularly update project managers and clients on the status of research tasks
- Perform other tasks related to supporting project teams in pursuit of Living Building Challenge certification
- Rotate through various teams in support of our marketing, client relations, business operations, and software development effort.
We are looking for a self-starting, action-oriented person with strong organizational and
communications skills. We will prioritize candidates with the following qualifications:
- Strong writing skills and ability to articulate ideas in clear and concise language that all levels of our organization and outside partners understand.
- Ability to handle shifting priorities and tasks in a timely and efficient manner
- Proactive situational leadership, e.g. always looking for ways to improve process communications and address potential problems before they occur versus taking a reactive approach
- Analytical thinking with a strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Energetic and collaborative interpersonal skills
- Strong ability to work independently
Compensation is $500/week, full-time, and lasts for 10 weeks starting June 12th and concluding on August 17th of 2018. Please attach a cover letter describing why you would be an excellent candidate.