BenchPrep is looking for a Product Marketing Manager who is prepared to roll up their sleeves to ensure our product messaging is on point by owning all external product marketing efforts. Reporting into the Director of Marketing, this role will have an immediate and visible impact on increasing our brand appeal and joins at an exciting time of rapid company growth.
The ideal candidate should have hands-on product marketing experience at a B2B software company, be a critical thinker who is analytical, thrives on leading the process from beginning to end, and understands how to work with technical and product teams.
Those who can demonstrate expertise in running industry-specific and solution-specific product marketing campaigns will be given strong consideration.
Who You Are:
- You are a strategic thinker that can conceptualize what needs to be done, while also being able to roll up the sleeves and execute
- You are an excellent writer with a proven ability to tell the product story
- You love to dig in and do market research
- You are resourceful and thrive in an environment without rigorous structure
- You enjoy working cross-functionally with product, sales, management, and customer success
- Most importantly, you are a team player looking to join a highly collaborative environment.
What You’ll Do as a Product Marketing Manager
- You will own market intelligence and will be the expert on all buyer segments, who are they, how they buy and their key buying criteria.
- You will be the go-to internal resource for the competitive landscape and be an expert on our competition and how they are positioned.
- You will understand and document our buyer’s process in all segments, including where they get information, and the who, what, when and why behind the decisions they make. Then drive changes to our sales and marketing processes based on what you learn.
- You will own all external product messaging, including collateral, internal documentation, event marketing materials, videos, and customer training resources.
- You will be responsible for ensuring our website messaging is on point, restructuring when needed
- You will be considered the product expert for the customer-facing part of our business
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing or related discipline or equivalent work experience
- 3+ years experience in a product marketing role in a tech space
- Experience working with video marketing is a plus
- Experience with event marketing/conferences and trade shows is a plus
- Strong writing skills, both creative writing and professional written communication
- Ability to thrive in a fast-changing, and collaborative environment, not afraid to take risks
- Detail oriented and able to clearly and concisely manage expectations.
- Willing to travel up to once a month to various industry conferences
- Enterprise software experience
- Startup marketing experience
- Account based marketing experience
Why Work at BenchPrep:
Based in Chicago, BenchPrep enables the world's leading education, training, and assessment companies build and deliver best-in-class online learning programs. The company’s innovative enterprise SaaS learner success solutions are disrupting the exam prep, continuing education, certification and credentialing markets by providing an unmatched learning experience. Customers include ACT, Becker Professional Education, AAMC, CFA Institute, ProLiteracy, HR Certification Institute, Hobsons, McGraw Hill Education, OnCourse Learning, GMAC, and Houghton Mifflin Harcourt. More than 3 million learners have used BenchPrep’s platform to attain academic and professional success.
We work hard, eat well, and have lots of fun. We work at BenchPrep because we’re dedicated to its mission and approach each day as an opportunity to be challenged and learn. We are looking for high performing and motivated professionals who are excited about the chance to leverage technology to impact the lives of millions of learners.